twenty nine: stuck

Justin

It was dark, I couldn't see a thing until a bright light flashed, hurting my eyes. My eyes took a minute to adjust to the brightness.

I felt a hand wrap around my arm so I looked to my side and saw Lily.

"Lily?" I mumbled in surprise and happiness and she smiled.

I couldn't believe my eyes for a second but I could feel her, touch her and hear her.

"I miss you so much" I mumbled and she cupped my face and I leaned into her touch.

"I miss you too but I don't think you miss me as much as you say" She said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"  I said and she pointed to the side so I looked that was and saw Shayra who smiled at me too.

"She seems to be replacing me, isn't she?" Lily said.

"What? no! No, she's not replacing you Lily, I still love you, you know I always will. Shayra is a completely different world for me, I'm just trying to-

"Move on from me?" She completed.

"Yes, but you'll always be there in my heart" I said but she shook her head.

"I didn't know it was so easy to forget me. But I understand, she is pretty and nice" She said.

"Lily, you're getting this wrong, please" I said but she had already started to vanish.

"Lily please don't go! Lily!" I yelled but she was already gone.

I felt Shayra hold my hand but I snatched it away.

"It's all because of you!" I yelled at her, ripping her smile off.

My eyes shot open and I looked down to see Shayra sleeping peacefully while she was snuggled in my embrace.

That dream really disturbed me, what did that even mean.

Am I doing the wrong thing by moving on?

Am I investing to much into Shayra and forgetting where I actually belong to?

But what am I gonna do staying stuck with Lily. Or maybe I am still stuck with her and thats why I dreamt this.

I sighed and shook my head before closing my eyes. I should just go back to sleep and not think about this.

****

I miss driving home with Shayra, she always leaves early for Marilyn but I guess we just have to compromise somewhere until all this gets settled.

I opened the door with the keys and heard voices coming from the kitchen. I got rid of my coat before going into the kitchen and saw Marilyn sitting on the counter while Shayra fed her as they talked.

My heart warmed at the sight and I smiled.

They didn't notice me since they were too busy talking.

The flashes of last night's dream disturbed the warmth I was feeling but I shook it off.

"Does anybody even remember me anymore?" I said and they looked at me.

"Oh no, who the hell are you?" Shayra said.

"We don't know you" Marilyn joined and I narrowed my eyes.

"I know the games ya'll are playing but I'm hungry" I said and Shayra smiled.