fifteen: roses

Shayra

It was around 2 am in the morning when I was woken up by the constant buzzing of my phone with texts. Justin was fast asleep beside me and I had a little difficulty while reaching the phone since his arm was wrapped around me tightly.

I squinted my eyes as the bright light hurt my eyes and saw a bunch of texts from Kevin which really shocked me.

I quickly opened them.

From Kevin:

Hey Shayra, I don't know if you're awake right now but I need to talk to you

Kevin:

I thought about all this a lot and I wanna talk to you please.

Kevin:

Can we meet at the cafe tomorrow before work at around 7:30? Please be there.

I sighed and typed a single 'Ok' and sent him and shut the phone. I laid down again and turned to face Justin.

I smiled when I saw him sleeping peacefully with his lips slightly apart and hair were sticking out everywhere but his arm haled me tight.

I replayed what he said to me that at the Pier. And even though I should've been mad at him for doing that, I just couldn't. Whatever he said was so sweet and seeing him cry made me very uneasy.

Seeing a person like Justin who is always so rigid and strong just breaks you and even though it was one of the most vulnerable moment he has every shared with me, I don't ever want to see it again. I don't ever want to see him cry again.

I don't know him personally, but I know him enough to say that he deserves all the happiness in the world and I can tell that he doesn't get that a lot.

I placed my palm on his cheeks and brushed my thumbs over it.

If only you'd tell me once that you feel something about me, I'll never even think of Kevin again.

I sighed and wrapped my arm around his neck before falling asleep.

***

The next morning when I woke up, Justin wasn't there beside me which made me panic. But then I felt something between my boobs so I fished it out and it was a folded note.

"Ugh" I mumbled and shook my head knowing it was Justin's note. I mean who else can find such creative places to hide notes.

"I'm leaving early today since there is an important meeting I have to attend. But you better be on time or ya boss will get maadd. Kiss yourself from me. see you later" I read it out loud and laughed and rolled my eyes.

But what important meeting can it be where I'm not required?

I shrugged and went in for a shower since I need to get to the cafe by 7:30.

I was driving my car after a long time since Justin always picks and drops me. I parked the car outside the cafe and walked in.

I saw Kevin sitting at our usual table, looking as nervous as I was.

I walked to the table and sat down across him which snapped him out and realized that I was there.

"Hey" He said and smiled and I returned a small smile.

"I thought you won't come after what I said...." He said and looked down before quickly looking back up.

"Look Shy, I-I thought about this, and we aren't technically dating right so so I actually had no right to say all that and I'm sorry for whatever I called you....I'm really sorry" He said and grabbed my hand.