twenty eight: where's mommy?

Justin

"Kids! Up!Time for work and school" I heard Shayra's voice and me and Marilyn groaned in sync.

"Two minutes please!" Marilyn begged.

"No, five" I said with my eyes still close and cuddled more into Marilyn.

"Fine, I had made scrambled eggs for breakfast, guess I'm going to have to eat them all by myself!" Shayra said and m eyes shot open and so did Marilyn's.

"No!" We shot out of the bed as she started running to the kitchen and ran behind her.

"Shayra! I swear to God if you touch those without us!" I yelled as me and Marilyn tried to catch her.

She stopped abruptly and turned to face us making us stop too.

"Huff, you made us run early morning" I huffed.

"Early morning? Its 8 am Mr. Oblivious you need to get to work and Marilyn needs to go to school. I had to wake ya'll up" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm gonna go have breakfast" Marilyn declared and started walking.

"Mhm" I started following but we were held back by Shayra

"Uh hu, go brush your teeth first" She said.

We whined but obeyed and went into the bathroom.

Marilyn stood on a short stool beside me and we both grabbed our brushes and I put the toothpaste over both.

I stopped when I saw the reflection of me and Marilyn in the mirror. 

For so long, I had imagined waking up with her and brushing teeth with her and now I'm actually seeing this day. Its been a whole month since she moved in here and we put her into a good school where she made friends quickly and she looks happier than ever.

"Hey Mare" I said and hugged her from behind.

"you like it here right?" I said and she grinned showing me her frothed teeth.

"Yes, very much" She said and I smiled and kissed her head.

"I like seeing you everyday and eating the food Shayra makes and going to school and then sleeping with both of you sometimes. I even love my room" She said and my smile widened.

"So you like sleeping with us more or alone?" I quizzed.

"I can't pick, both!" She said making me giggle and I saw Shayra secretly watching us through the mirror.

"Alright, lets get brushed and go eat before Shayra actually finishes it all without us" I said and she laughed.

After brushing our teeth, we had a lot of breakfast before I started getting ready for work while Shayra helped Marilyn get ready.

"Hey, here are your keys. Mare's almost ready, she'll be done quickly" Shayra said as she came in our room and handed me my car keys.

"Wait" I said before she walked away and wrapped her into my arms.

"You can take a day off if you want, you've been working too much" I said and she smiled and shook her head.

"No, I don't feel tired though, I like making breakfast for you two and getting Marilyn ready and going to work" She said.

"And plus I'm just saving my day off for the day we both can have a day off" She said and wrapped her arms around my neck making me smile.

"Right, that sounds even better" I said and leaned in before kissing her slowly.