thirty two: home

Justin

I let out a deep sigh after the three of us sat inside the car and the driver started driving us to my parents' house. I felt Shayra grab my hand and I looked at her.

"Don't be so nervous, it'll be okay" She said and I nodded before she kissed my cheek.

Marilyn was busy looking out of the window while we drove.

"This is my first time travelling to a new place" She said.

it was true, I never got to take her out for a vacation somewhere, I was always busy.

"I can't believe we're in a different country!" She squealed excitedly and me and Shayra smiled at her.

"Daddy how long is it gonna take? I can't wait to meet grandma and grandpa!" She said to me.

"Oh, we're almost there baby" I said.

Five minutes after that, we finally reached the house and we got out of the car. Me and Shayra grabbed our luggage and I looked at the house.

It is way smaller than mine but this is the place I was born and grew up in. This was more of a home than anything.

"Jay?" Shayra snapped me out and I nodded and held her hand and started walking to the door while Marilyn ran to it already.

I rung the bell and waited. I shut my eyes for a second and took a deep breath.

I don't know how they will react, but I haven't seen them in 8 years and it wasn't until now that I realize how much I've missed them.

I hear the door click open so I opened my eyes. My heart couldn't beat any faster as I saw mom, still looking the same as she did eight years ago.

When she looked up to see me, she froze. My eyes watered at her sight and I just couldn't control my emotions anymore.

"H-Hey mom" I said and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"J-Justin.....oh my god" She trailed off and touched her lips as saw her eyes brim with tears too.

"Justin honey.....oh my goodness" She threw her arms around me and hugged me and I hugged her tighter.

I didn't care about how my 'momma's boy' was showing. I was just so happy to hold her and hug her again and couldn't help but sob in her neck.

"Jeremy always said that you've forgotten us but I denied, I told him you'll come back one day" She cried and I rubbed her back.

"I'm sorry mom, I have so much to explain and tell you" I said and pulled out.

"But first I want you to meet these two" I said and she looked at Shayra who smiled at her.

"Hello Pattie" She said and mom smiled too but confusedly.

"Hello, but you aren't Lily..." She said and looked at me.

"I told you there is a lot I have to tell you right? This is Shayra, my girlfriend and this...." I trailed off and picked up Marilyn.

"This is my babygirl Marilyn, and your grand-daughter" I said and she couldn't hide her surprise and happiness as she touched Marilyn's arm.

"Marilyn..." She mumbled.

"Hi grandma" Marilyn said with her wide grin which made mom chuckle.

"Hello sweetheart" She said.

Mom helped us with our luggage and we walked inside the house, it still smelled the same. Everything inside was just the same.

"What were you doing at the door for so long hon-" Dad was sitting on the couch reading a book but he stopped talking when he saw me.