forty seven: the arrest and a good news

Justin

We were all peacefully having our breakfast when Lily walked in the kitchen and sat down across me and sent me the same bright smile, I once used to love.

"Goodmorning babe" She said. I didn't reply and took a sip of my juice before Shayra placed the plate of waffles in front of me, topped with maple syrup and bananas, just how I liked. I looked up and smiled at her which she returned.

"Jay, is something wrong?" Lily asked in a firm tone.

"Don't act like innocent Lily, quit that shitty act of yours" I said.

"Justin don-

"No Shayra, I'm done being silent now" I said and stopped her.

"Lily if you think that I'm a fool and I'm quietly swallowing everything you're feeding me, you're wrong. I've found out everything..." I said and her eyes widened.

"What do you mean everything?!" She said.

"Everything includes Craig, your phone calls with him, oh I've heard them all, and it was so painful to know that someone I loved so much would use me for money, come back in my life for my money. Oh and I also know all about you and Angela and the shitty plan y'all have been cooking up about harming Shayra, like I said, I know everything" I said.

"And I'm putting an end to this today itself" I said and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" She said.

"You'll know soon, you might wanna have your one last good breakfast because you're gonna have to eat the jail pancakes, I doubt if they even provide with pancakes" I said and her eyes widened again but this time with fear.

"J-Justin what are you talking about!?" She said, her voice shaking.

"The police know everything, they have received an arrest warrant against you and Angela, they'll be picking up Angela, on their way, they'll be here soon" I said and she gasped.

"Justin please don't do this, I admit I did that, I went to Shayra's place with Angela but not because I want your money, but because I got jealous of her b-because I really love you" She said and I chuckled sarcastically and shook my head.

"Its too late Lily...too freaking late" I said.

"No! Justin please don't do this please! I will do any-

She was interrupted by the chime of the doorbell.

"I'll get that" Shayra said and went to get the door.

Lily looked at me with tear brimmed eyes, I tried to find even just the traces of the old Lily but found none. God knows what turned her so vicious.

"Mr. Bieber we've arrested Angela, we're here to take Ms- Oh..." The officer trailed off when he saw her sitting in front of me.

"Go ahead officer" I said.

"What! Justin no! please! Angela paid me! she did everything! Please stop!" She begged as the police grabbed her and started dragging her out of the house and out of my life.

I closed my eyes and tried to block out her screams. I felt Shayra squeeze my shoulder.

Soon, the screams were gone and I heard the door shut. 

"Daddy why did the police take her?" Marilyn asked and I opened my eyes.

"She did something bad honey" I said.

"So she's gone forever?" She asked and I smiled and nodded.

"I'm so sorry that I forced you into so many things, I've been the worst daddy" I said and no matter how hard I tried to hold back, my voice cracked.