Chapter 1

Ash 15

Ash is currently on a hill overlooking his home town of Pallet, heading home after his defeat in Unova, while Pikachu is riding shotgun on Ash's shoulder, both were happy to be home.

Despite the loss he is in good spirits, ready to plan his next journey towards his dream to become a Pokemon master.

Ash looked at his loyal electric mouse, "race you to the house Pikachu."

With that he started sprinting to his house with Pikachu close behind. Then with a "chuu" Pikachu used quick attack to easily pass his trainer as he laughed.

"No fair," Ash laughed as he continues to run down the road.

Ash finally arrived at the house, out of breath, Pickachu with a smile on his face. Ash looked towards Pikachu, seeing his best friend smiling made him smile too.

He reached into his bag and pulled out a ketchup packet and said, "here's your prize for winning."

He then tossed the packet to Pikachu, who let out a happy "Chaa" as he caught it and quickly ate it like it was the greatest thing on earth. Ash laughed at the site, still not understanding Pikachu's love of the red condiment, as he walked to the front door. Just as he reached for the door it swung open, and he was brought into a tight hug.

"Welcome home sweety I've missed you so much," Delia said, holding her son much tighter than one would expect from a women her size.

She was hugging her son so tight he couldn't breath.

"Mom....air," Ash said causing her to release him from the hug.

After catching his breath he returned a much looser hug saying, "I missed you to mom."

The evening was nice, Ash told his mother stories of his journey, she and Mimey made enough food to feed a small army, which Ash finished faster than a starved snorlax, and Pikachu finished every last drop of ketchup in the house. Ash still hadn't dropped off his Unova Pokemon at professor Oaks yet, so he also released them from there pokeballs so they could eat dinner, and so his mother and Mimey could meet them. He decided he would just relax at home tonight and bring them over in the morning.

————————————————————————

The next few days were all very easy going, Ash would go to the professors ranch and visit with his Pokemon, go home for meals, and talk with the professor, trying to figure out where to go next.

On the forth day however, something was a little different. "PIKAAAACHUUUUU", Ash's trusty alarm and friend woke him up with a thunderbolt.

Ash stood up and wiped the soot off his face and looked at the yellow rodent with narrow eyes, "you would think after all this time you would do something else, less painful to wake me up."

To which Pikachu replied with pika pika chu pikachu (which translates to, "you would think after all this time you would learn not to sleep in passed your alarm") with a smirk on his face.

Ash just sighed, "fair enough point there."

Ash and Pikachu have been friends so long he pretty much knows what Pickachu says, within reason. As he walked out of his room to take a shower, he stopped in the doorway and looked back at Pikachu with a smirk on his face, "just remember this Pikachu, while we are on our journeys you rely on me for ketchup. It would be a shame if I were to forget to bring any with me for a long while."

With those words he continued to the bathroom, leaving Pikachu with a look of absolute terror on his face.

Ash was quickly out of the shower, dressed, and heading down to the kitchen for his breakfast. When he got down the stairs he noticed Mimey laying on the couch with he mother tending to him.