Chapter 28

Author's notes
To those of you who celebrate thanksgiving, I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.
I am pleased to announce that The Secret Prince has reached over 3K views. So thank you all for your support.
Now for some sad news, because of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, I'm behind on my writing. So if I can't make up my lost time I won't be able to post next week. I will do my best to get the chapter completed however I make no promises. My family wants me to spend time with them and don't seem to understand the importance of updating my story on schedule.
Now with that said, I present to you chapter 28. If you like it vote, and please comment. Enjoy.

The gang is on their way to Anistar City and are currently making their way around Mt. Molteau. "Hey Clemont." Korrina says getting Clemont's attention, "is there any chance that this Volcano could erupt while we're nearby?" "No. Even though it's been decades since it's erupted, volcanologists have studied it and believe it's going to be many more decades before it would erupt again." Clemont explained. "If you say so, but just the same, I don't want to set camp anywhere near here tonight." Korrina commented while looking up at the volcano.

A few minutes later as they were still walking on the trail around the volcano, there was something rustling in a bush that caught their attention. Just then a red Pokemon with a flame on his tail emerged. "What is it?" Asked Bonnie. "Its a Charmeleon." Ash replied. The Charmeleon now noticed them and took a battle stance as he used flamethrower. Everyone ducked out of the way in time. Pikachu got in front of the group and sparked it's checks, ready to defend everyone. "Charmeleon?" Everyone was getting back up and looked towards the bushes where the voice came from, as a young man with orange hair and a camera hanging around his neck emerged. The man noticed everyone and quickly realized what happened, "Charmeleon, stop it!" Charmeleon then turned towards the man and stared at him. The man then realized why his Charmeleon was behaving like that. He then turned to the gang, "Hello, my name is Trevor. I'm sorry for Charmeleon's behavior." "Its ok, no one was hurt." Said Ash as he helped Serena up. "He gets like this when he hasn't battled in a while, and it's been a few weeks. Your trainers right? Would you please help me and battle Charmeleon?" Ash smiled, "sure, no problem." Charmeleon then gave a smile of pure delight as he assumed a battle stance in front of Trevor. Ash walked an appropriate distance away and pulled a pokeball from his belt, "Fletchinder, I choose you!" Fletchinder appeared in front of Ash ready to battle. "

"You ready Trevor?" Ash asked. "Ready. Charmeleon, flamethrower!" Fletchender dodged the flamethrower easily by flying up into the air, then countered with quick attack. Quick attack connected knocking Charmeleon onto his back. Charmeleon quickly got back up as Fletchinder was coming around with another quick attack. Charmeleon used Dragon claw to counter, but Fletchinder was able to dodge at the last moment. Fletchinder then came back around with steel wing as he dodged Dragon claw. Charmeleon went down to one knee after the hit, but quickly got back up and used flamethrower again. Instead of dodging Fletchinder used flamecharge and went right into the flamethrower, cutting through until he hit Charmeleon, knocking him out.

After the battle Charmeleon was alot nicer to everyone as they took a seat and they all properly introduced themselves. "So your a Pokemon photographer. What brings you here?" Ash asked Trevor. "Well Moltres of course. Isn't that why you all are here?" Trevor responded. "Wait, Moltres is here?" Clemont asked. "Moltres?" Asked Bonnie. "Moltres is one of the three legendary bird Pokemon. The others are Articuno and Zapdos." Ash explained casually. Ash's didn't seem nearly as excited as the others and this was noticed by Trevor, "Ash, I know we just met, but why don't you seem more excited about this. Seeing a legendary Pokemon is a pretty big deal." "Sorry. I am excited, it's just that I've already seen all of the legendary birds before." Ash replied. "WHAT?! WHEN?" Trevor said shocked. "In the Orange Islands a couple years ago. I saw all three, as well as Lugia." Ash smiled as he remember riding on Lugia. Everyone seemed amazed at this, then Trevor looked like he remembered something as he quickly started digging in his backpack. He soon pulled out a tablet and started searching for something. "Trevor, what are you doing?" Korrina Asked. Trevor didn't respond as he kept searching until he found it. He then looked at Ash, then back at his tablet, then back at Ash Again. "It you!" Trevor said excitedly as he turned his tablet around for everyone to see. On the tablet was a much younger picture of Ash riding on something. "Why do you have a picture of Ash?" Serena questioned. "I don't," Trevor the zoomed out the picture, "I have a picture of all three legendary birds and Lugia in the orange Islands seven years ago, with a young trainer who is said to have prevented the end of the world, riding on the back of Lugia." Everyone was shocked and amazed at what they were seeing. "Hmm, I didn't know anyone get a picture of that. Can I get a copy?" Ash said casually. "Ash, why didn't you ever tell us about this?" Clemont asked. "It never came up. Besides what am I supposed to say, 'oh by the way I've saved the world a few times and have met most of the legendary pokemon in every region I've been to'?" Ash responded. "WHAT?!" Everyone said at once. "Its alot of long stories, that if you want I can tell you over the rest of our journey." Said Ash. "You better!" Said Bonnie pouting. Wanting to change the subject back to now, "So Trevor, what makes you think Moltres is here?" "Oh right. Through the research I've done, I've learned that Moltres has been seen in this volcano many times over the years. And then there's this." Trevor then showed another picture on his tablet. It was of a rocky area and alot of smoke, and through the smoke, what looked like red and yellow wings could be seen. "This picture was taken by a hiker on top of this volcano about a week ago. He wasn't sure what it was so he posted it on a Pokemon Watchers blog page, that I frequently visit, with the hope that someone could identify it. Based on my research and the fact that no other Pokemon has wings with this color scheme or size, I'm confident that this is Moltres." "Well, do you mind if we join you?" Clemont asked. "That's fine with me. The more eyes the better." With that they all gathered their thing and began to follow a trail up the volcano.