Chapter 39

Authors notes:
Welcome to the next installment of The Secret Prince, chapter 39. First before you get started, I would like to announce that this story has reached 20k views. I am completely astounded and I would like to thank those who are responsible for this, the readers. Thank you all so much for reading the story and obviously enjoying it. I never thought that I would actually be able to write something to get so many views. Now to business, if you enjoy the chapter please vote, feel free to leave comments, and share with your friends. I now present to you chapter 39. Enjoy.

"Well here we are, Terminus cave," said Clemont as they were looking over a cliff. In front of them was what looked like an old abandoned mining operation, with rusted equipment, and collapsed rail car bridges. "Look Squishy, here we are," said Bonnie as she raised her bag and held it out in front of her so Squishy could see. It's been two days since they left Couriway City, and are now visiting Terminus cave, per Squishy's request.

Flashback
Pokemon speech translated

The gang was sitting at a table at the Couriway City Pokemon center planning their route. "So Serena, have they announced where your next performance will be," Clemont asked. "No, not yet," Serena replied with a disappointed tone. "I wish they would announce them sooner, that way we can plan them into our route," Korrina complained. "Well whenever they announce it, we'll just make a detour so we can go. Until then let's just keep heading to Snowbell city," commented Ash. "Are you sure? I don't want to risk you missing the Kalos league," Serena said concerned. Ash smiled and kissed his fiance, "thank you for your concern, but Snowbell City isn't going anywhere. Worst case I have plenty of flying types large enough to ride on, we could ride them to get us everywhere we need to be in time." "Ok then, in that case we should take this route to get to Snowbell city. It should take us...," Clemont was saying before Squishy jumped onto the map. "Excuse me, but I have a request for a stop," Squishy said looking at Ash. "Well where do you want to go," asked Bonnie. Squishy looked back at Bonnie, "you humans call it Terminus cave." "Terminus cave," asked Ash confused. Serena then pulled out her tablet and searched it. "Is this it," Serena asked as she put her tablet on the table for everyone to see. "Yes. This has been my brothers and my home for many years." "Are you looking for your brother, because if so from what you tell me I doubt he'll be there," stated Ash. "I don't expect him to be either. I have not yet fully recovered from my encounters with Team Flare. Deep inside the cave is a spring. When my brother and I would sleep we would put some of our aura into the spring in case we needed it. I can use the aura now to heal me," Squishy explained. Ash explained everything to the others, and they all agreed. "I guess were heading to Terminus cave."

Back to present

"Wow, look at all these pokemon," Bonnie squealed as they entered the cave. "It's say that after the mine was abandoned that many Pokemon that can't be found anywhere else in the region made this their home," said Serena as she read from her tablet. "Does it say why it was abandoned," Korrina asked. Serena read a little more trying to find an answer. "All it says is that they had trouble with a Pokemon here shortly after they opened the mine," Serena replied. Ash looked back at Squishy suspiciously. "What? We were here first," Squishy replied after noticing Ash's look. "Whoa," Serena said as she tripped on a rock. Ash immediately sprang into action, grabbing one of her arms, keeping her from hitting the ground. He then pulled Serena back up quickly, causing her to lose balance and end up in Ash's arms. "Thanks," Serena replied with a little blush on her cheeks from how close they were. "Anytime," Ash replied as he brushed a strand of hair from Serena's face and kissed her. "Hey Korrina, is a guy supposed to grab your butt when you kiss? Because Ash is doing it to Serena now, and Clemont always seems to grab yours when you kiss," Bonnie asked innocently. Ash and Serena broke the kiss due to the embarrassing question they heard. All of them were feeling uncomfortable by the question and didn't want to explain things like that to Bonnie, who was looking at them waiting for an answer. Luckily Ash was able to come up with a quick plan. "Hey Bonnie, how about I teach you a new aura technique," Ash asked, hoping Bonnie would forget about her question. "Sure, what is it," Bonnie asked excitedly. The others breathed a sigh of relief that Bonnie took the bait, but it wasn't too surprising. Bonnie had been having fun learning new ways to use her Aura, it didn't hurt that Ash was teaching her things that she could use to help others and have fun with. "Well, since it's so dark, how about I teach you how to use your Aura to see in the dark," suggested Ash. "Yeah," Bonnie squealed. Ash explained to Bonnie what to do, Bonnie's eyes glowed blue and in a few seconds, "Oh wow, I can see so much now," Bonnie said as she looked around at everything. "Well that's good for you two, but how about this for the rest of us. Braxin come on out and light up the area with your flame," Serena said as she released Braxin, who lit her torch to illuminate the area ahead. "I can help with that too," said Clemont as he pressed a button on his backpack and an arm came out with a bright light on it, further illuminating the area.