Chapter 59

Author's Notes:
Here we are again for another chapter, yay. If you guessed I was being sarcastic with that yay, you were right. Even though I feel like I can come up with some pretty good pokemon battles, I don't really like writing them. I would really like to only write a battle here an there, three on threes at most. But I thought up too many good ideas, that I ended up writing two full, six on six battles. Thankfully, after Ash's battle with Paul the battles will be much less, if any at all, and I'll be able to progress the storyline, which is what I really want/need to do, since I desperately need to be done writing this before the end of September.

Also, please tell me what you think of my battles so I can improve, because what's a pokemon fanfic without good battles. One more thing, later in this chapter, I decided to try out a different style to write my battles, tell me which you prefer.

Anyway, if you enjoyed my work please vote, feel free to leave comments, and please do share with your friends. I now present to you chapter 59, enjoy.

Ash returned Hawlucha and thanked him. He then looked at Dodrio as he thought about who his next pokemon should be. Ash sized up Dodrio, it was fast and well trained, but also a little bit worn down by Hawlucha, though it was still going to take some work. Ash then made his decision.

"Talonflame, I choose you!"

Talonflame emerged from it's pokeball, embers coming from it's wings as flapped them.

"Battle resume."

Dodrio started speeding forward with quick attack, while Talonflame used flame charge. The two flying types came barreling towards one another at great speed, it looked as though they were about to collide, but at the last second Dodrio quickly dodged. Dodrio then came up from behind Talonflame and jumped into the air to attack with jump kick. The attack connected and slammed Talonflame into the ground.

Talonflame quickly got back up in time to see Dodrio coming at it with drill peck. Talonflame took to the sky to dodge, then came down to attack with steel wing. But again Dodrio was able to use it's great speed to dodge the attack. It tried to attack from behind again, but this time Talonflame flew up out of reach quickly.

Dodrio was too fast for Talonflame to attack directly, for now. Talonflame began using back to back flame charges, each time Dodrio dodged, but each time Talonflame got closer and closer to hitting it. Eventually Talonflame was fast enough and collided with Dodrio, knocking it off its feet and causing it to roll to a stop.

Dodrio managed to get back up though and began to charge up its next attack, tri attack. The three heads positioned themselves so that each head would be the point of a triangle. They each opened their beaks as a different colored orb of energy formed I each. Meanwhile Talonflame was on it's way with it's own attack, brave bird.

Talonflame became engulfed in a light blue aura, that made it look as if it was using a blue flame charge, as it barreled towards Dodrio at top speed.

A red triangle formed in front of Dodrio between the orbs, it then turned green, then once it turned indigo, it fired the blast towards Taloneflame. The attack hit Talonflame, making many believe the battle was over. However everyone quickly saw, that was not the case. Talonflame pushed through the attack at only slightly diminished speed. Talonflame then collided with Dodio, creating a large explosion. Talonflame was seen soaring out of the dust cloud and coming back to Ash's side of the battle field. When the dust settled Dodrio was seen on the ground with swirly eyes.

"Dodrio is unable to battle."

Max returned Dodrio and thanked it. Then pulled another pokeball from his belt.