Chapter 20

Authors notes:
First, I would like to say thank you to all of you for reading this story, as it has reached over 1k views. To be honest I never thought I would get so many views by now.
Second, my inspiration has been running a bit low lately so I've been having a little trouble writing these chapters. With that said if any of you have anything you would like to see either a rework of an episode or an idea you would like please message me telling me your idea and I'll see what I can do. I do have a few more chapters that are pretty well thought out and I'm "researching" (aka rewatching XY and XYZ) hoping to be hit with inspiration, but I wouldn't mind the help.
Third, I'm coming to a point where a desicion needs to be made. Originally I wasn't going to include team flare in my story, however ideas started popping into my head so now I'm considering it. So I'm putting it to a vote to the readers, team flare or no team flare. Warning though, if you say yes to team flare, it may get a little dark here, and Ash will end up being a total bad ass. This pole will be open until my October 13th update, that's 2weeks. Because I will be starting to write the chapter to set the stage for team flare after that update. Please leave your opinion in the comments section.
Thank you for your time, please comment, and vote if you like my work, and share with your friends. Now I give you chapter 20, enjoy.

After about two weeks of traveling they finally made it back to Lumiose City. "Come on Clemont, I'm ready to win my fifth Kalos gym badge!" Ash said, sounding as excited as a little kid. Serena laughed, "That's my Ash for you, always excited to battle." Everyone continued walking to prism tower until, "Clemont, Bonnie, welcome back." Everyone turned and saw Clemont and Bonnie's father, Meyer. "Hey dad." "Daddy." Bonnie ran up and gave her father a hug. "Happy to see you too Bonnie". Meyer then looked at the group and saw a new face. "Well hello, and who might you be." Meyer said referring to Korrina. "Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce you two. Dad this is Korrina, Korrina this is my dad. Dad, Korrina's my girlfriend." Clemont said a little nervous. A big smile formed on Myers face, "So my son's got himself a girlfriend. I always knew you were a ladies man." Patting Clemont on his back with a look of pride on his face. "Why don't we have dinner at the house tonight so I can get to know my future Daughter-in-law." Clemont's eyes got wide while, Korrina's formed a big smile on her face as she blushed a bright red, and Ash, Serena, and Bonnie laughed at the comment. "Dad, I said girlfriend, not fiancee." Clemont said clearly embarrassed. "Clemont, look at her. She's gorgeous and from what Bonnie's been telling me when she calls Korrina seems very nice and you two obviously care alot about each other. Honestly you'd have to be crazy to let her get away." Meyer stated. Clemont reached new levels of embarrassment that he didn't think were possible. "Well dad we better get going, I have to battle Ash so he can earn a Volt badge. So ..." Clemont said as he tried to get away from his father but his father didn't let him finish. "That's great, I'd love the opportunity to see what kind of gym leader you've become." "You should definitely come daddy, Clemont's been training really hard for this battle." Said Bonnie who was very excited to see the battle. With that they headed to prism tower for Ash's gym battle along with Meyer. Along the way Meyer embarrassed Clemont several more times, as well as invited them all to his house for dinner that night. Ash and Serena had to decline since they had a date planned, Ash planned to take Serena shopping, then dinner and a movie. Ash wasn't one who liked shopping, he would wear clothes until they didn't fit or they were completely worn out, Serena on the other hand could make shopping look like a professional sport. Even though Ash didn't like shopping it made Serena happy, and since he loved to see Serena happy, that was enough for him to be happy.

Soon enough Ash and Clemont were at opposite ends of the battle field while everyone else were in the stands to the side watching. "I hope you're ready Ash, I've been training hard for this battle to make it one you will always remember." Said Clemont from his end. "Good to hear, I expect nothing less from you." Said Ash.