Chapter 5

It was 6:00 PM when Ash got off the plane at Lumiose International airport. He knew he could have arrived earlier if he took the royal private jet, but the royal crest on the side would have drawn too much attention for his liking.

He was now heading to the Pokemon center to register for the Kalos league and then he had to decide to head out to the nearest gym or stay at the Pokemon center for the night. Even though Ilene gave him a credit card with no limit he had little intention of using it. He had enough money from his inheritance as well as from his travels through other regions that he didn't expect to need the credit card, however he took it just in case of an emergency. He appreciated how supportive the queen was, however he did feel she would go over the top. Not only did she give him the credit card but also three gifts, a jaw fossil, a sail fossil, and a piece of amber. She said they were all viable fossils that could be taken to a resurrection machine and get some prehistoric pokemon. Ash said it was too much but she stated he could just give some to some friends if he wanted, which he agreed to.

After Ash registered for the league, he heard an explosion and rushed out side to see a plume of smoke coming from a few buildings down. When he arrived he saw a garchomp raging inside out of control with a man in a lab coat trying to calm it down. What he didn't see was a man with blue hair, a women with red hair, a meowth and a wobbuffet hiding behind the couch. "Garchomp please calm down" cried the man in the lab coat. But Garchomp didn't listen but instead fired a hyper beam at the roof then flew out. Ash rushed in, "Are you ok." "I'm fine I'm just worried about Garchomp, I have no idea what got into him". "Don't worry, I'll save him Mr...". "Professor, Professor Sycamore". "Is anyone hurt in there". Ash turned around to see two people, one was a boy about his age with lemon blonde hair. The other was a little girl with the same color hair, most likely his sister. "No, we are all fine. Did you see which way that Garchomp went?" "Looks like he's heading to Prism Tower, why?" Replied the older boy pointing the brightly lit tower. "Because I'm going to calm him down before people get hurt." "Wait, I'm coming with you. Bonnie stay here." "Ok big brother, be careful." "Alright, let's go. I'm Clemont by the way." "I'm Ash, let's go." Before they left a froakie jumped onto Ash's shoulder opposite Pickachu. "Froakie, do you want to help us?" Froakie nodded. "Ok then, lets go." With that they started running after Garchomp.

Ash quickly arrived at the tower and saw Garchomp firing several hyper beams at the city. Clemont finally caught up, breathing very heavily. "We need to get up there, don't suppose you know a quick way up Clemont." "As a matter of fact I do, follow me." Clemont led Ash to a back door and used a mechanical arm that came out of his back pack to get the door open. They both started to go in when a hyper beam hit near the door blocking it, leaving Clemont stuck outside and Ash, Pikachu, and Froakie inside. "Are you all ok." "We're fine, we're going to head up there." "Good luck".

Ash ran up the stairs to the top with ease, when he reached the top he saw Garchomp blasting away at the city.

Over in Vaniville Town Serena was walking into the living room of her house and saw her mother watching TV. "Hey mom, what movie are you watching?" "This isn't a movie this is really happening in Lumiose city." Serena was now focused on the TV. News helicopters were taking video, so at the moment you could only see the top of the trainers head. As she watched she couldn't help be think that that guy looks familiar.

Prism Tower
Ash started to approach Garchomp, "Garchomp, you need to calm down before more people get hurt." Garchomp turned to Ash and released a hyper beam at him. Ash and his pokemon were able to dodge it, when they looked back he saw a glowing collar, then it all made sense. "Guys we need to get that collar off him." Ash then charged at Garchomp to try and hold it while Froakie threw his frubbles at Garchomp's feet. "Pikachu iron tail on the collar." Pikachu's tail began to glow, then he swung it at the collar cutting it off. Almost immediately Garchomp calmed down and fell to his knees. Ash and the others breathed a sigh of relief.

Vaniville
Serena saw the trainer backing away from the Garchomp as it calmed down. The news helicopters were moving now giving viewers a look at the trainers face. When Serena saw this her heart started racing and she gasped, "Ash." This didn't go unnoticed by her mother who looked at her "Serena what...." She wasn't able to complete her sentence as Serena screamed.

Prism Tower
As everything was starting to calm down, the ground under Pikachu collapsed causing him to fall off the tower. "Pikachu" Ash yelled as he jumped off the tower after his best friend. Ash quickly caught Pikachu. The ground was closing in fast, Ash reached for a Pokeball, a white light emerged from the ball, the a large cloud of smoke formed as they hit the ground. People gasped in shock from what they just witnessed. Every one was silent until.
"Prepare for trouble"
"Make it double"
"To protect the world from devastation"
"To unite all people within our nation"
"To denounce the evil of truth and love"
"To extend our reach to the starts above"
"Jessie"
"James"
"Team rocket blasts off at the speed of light"
"Surrender now or prepare to fight"
"Meowth that's right"
"Wobbufet"

"Who are you people," an on looker cried. "Were team rocket," replied James. "So show some fear and respect," said Jessie. "And give us all your pokemon or else," said Meowth extending his claws. Before anyone could answer they all heard a voice from out of no where, "Team rocket, will you ever learn." Then a huge gust came from the smoke showing the source of the voice, Ash sitting on top of his massive Charizard with Pikachu on his shoulder. If looks could kill team rocket would already be on the ground dead. The look of confidence left there faces and was replaced with one of pure fear. "I've had enough of you guys," Ash then jumped off of Charizard and yell out a command to his biggest power house, "CHARIZARD, BLAST BURN!" Then with a fiery explosion hit team rocket, sending them flying into the wall of a nearby building. At this time officer Jenny arrived and took team rocket into custody. Immediately News crews started bombarding Ash with questions. Not being one comfortable with the press, he jumped back onto Charizards back, flew up to pick up Garchomp and Froakie and flew off to the professors lab.

Vaniville
Upon seeing the cloud of smoke Serena burst into tears, believing she just witnessed the death of Ash, after all these years waiting for him. Her mother who was still confused why Serena was crying so much tried to console her. She then looked back at the TV, "Serena look." Serena looked at the TV, and her tears of sorrow were replaced with tears of joy as she saw Ash alive sitting on top of a massive Charizard. She continued to watch and then a reporter asked his name, to which he replied, "Ash Ketchum". Serena knew now without a doubt, he prayers have been answered. Her mother still confused spoke, "Serena, what's going on, do you know who that is?" Serena then proceeded to explain to her who Ash was, leaving out the part that she was in love with him. Grace (Serena's mother's name) smiled at her daughter, "be ready at eight tomorrow morning with your bag packed." Serena looked at her mother with a confused expression "what?" "Serena I'm your mother, and I see that look in your eyes, you love him." Serena was shocked that her mother was so perceptive. "Let me guess, you want to go to Lumiose city to get a starter, then find Ash, am I right?" Serena just blushed and nodded with a smile on her face. Grace gave a sly smile, "I'll drive you to Lumiose city, so go pack, and get some sleep. Tomorrow you start your journey to get your man." Serena blushed so much it looked like he head was about to explode. Serena then hugged her mom, "thank you," then ran upstairs to pack. Grace smiled then looked back at the TV to see Ash flying off on the back his Charizard. "You better take good care of my little girl and treat her right." She then turned off the TV and lights and walked upstairs to bed, knowing tomorrow was going to be a big day.