Chapter 9

Ash 17
Serena 17
Clemont 18
Bonnie 9

They left Santalune City 3 days ago, they are a little behind the original plan though. While passing through Lumiose City they learned that Clemont was the Lumiose City gym leader and that he was kicked out of his gym by Clembot, a robot Clemont built to run his gym when he wanted a break. With Ash's help they were able to retake the gym and Clemont reprogrammed Clembot to make him a better gym leader. Clemont offered Ash a gym battle, but Ash declined since Clemont originally said 4 badges were required. However told Clemont that he wanted the gym battle against him and not Clembot.

Now though they are finally arriving at the Battle Chateau. The Battle Chateau looked like a luxurious castle right on a lake with the battle field actually juting out onto the lake. As they entered, they were escorted to an area with tables, comfortable seating, and even a bar overlooking the battle field. Everyone thought it looked very nice, although Ash did prefer Cameron Palace in Rota. The rules were also explained as well as the titles.

Ash was looking at the competition when he heard a familiar voice. "Well well well, Ash what are you doing here in Kalos. Looking for me perhaps?" Ash and the gang all turned to see a young women with blue hair. Ash was hoping not to run into her, on there first meeting she flirted with him non-stop, making him feel very uncomfortable. Despite this he put on a happy face, "Hello Princess, nice to see you again, and no I wasn't looking for you. I'm in Kalos to challenge the Kalos league." "Ash who's this," Serena asked nervously, hoping Ash didn't have a girlfriend already. Ash realizing how rude he was being apologized, "Oh I'm sorry, everyone this is Princess Miette of Parfum Palace. Miette, this is Clemont, his little sister Bonnie, and Serena." After introductions Serena nervously asked, "so Miette, how do you know Ash." Ash quickly responded for her, not sure how Miette would respond. "We met in Rota. There's a small tournament there every year and last year I was the winner. We met at the ball afterwards." Miette noticed Ash and Serena's behavior and decided to get to the bottom on it and have some fun in the process. "Yes, that ball was so much fun, oh and Ash here is a wonderful dancer. All the other girls were jealous they couldn't dance with him, I just tried to keep him all to myself." This hurt Serena, thinking that Ash might have interest in Miette. This didn't go unnoticed by Bonnie. Serena had to get away to catch her breath, "I'm going to go get a drink, excuse me." "Me to, come on big brother." With them all gone Ash spoke, "what are you doing Miette, we just had one dance." "Why are you answering questions directed to me, Prince Ash?" Ash stepped back shocked, "how did you know?" Miette smiled, "people gosip, and as for your first question, I'm just having some fun." "Fun? How is that fun", Ash was very confused now. Miette smirked and shook her head, "Ash you are clueless." "Listen, I don't want them to know I'm a prince ok. Please don't tell anyone, that's something I will have to do." "Very well".

(Inner thoughts)
Serena stepped outside and hid behind a pillar starting to panic. The thought of Ash having feelings for Miette destroyed her confidence, making her have negative thoughts, (Why would Ash want me? Look at her, Miette is pretty, and a princess. They have been dancing even, that's as good as a date, and what do I have? Nothing). Serena is pulled from her thoughts by a small voice, "Serena, are you ok?" Serena looks over and sees Bonnie. Serena gives her best fake smile, "yes I'm fine." Bonnie sees right through it, "Its about Miette isn't it?" Serena nods sadly and tells Bonnie about her thoughts and fears. Bonnie then puts on a determined face, "Serena, snap out of it. Look in a mirror, your soo pretty. And you have something Miette doesn't, your past with Ash. He was your knight in shining armor who came to save you. And let's not forget the picture he carried. After all these years he still carried it in he's jacket pocket, keeping it safe. And let's not forget, what does Ash say? Never give up until the end. Well guess what, the race for Ash's heart isn't over yet." Serena was shocked, Bonnie was right. She now realized she still had a chance with Ash. Now with a real smile on her face she looks at Boonie, "Thanks Bonnie, I needed that." They then got the drinks and rejoined the group. "Thanks I was getting thirsty talking to Ash here." Miette then took Serena's water, but before she could say anything Ash spoke, "here Serena you can have mine, I've got a battle to get to anyway." Serena blushed, "Thanks Ash." Ash smiled and walked to the battle field, but only Bonnie saw Ash scowling at Miette for her actions. Bonnie smiled, knowing Serena had nothing to worry about.

While Ash battled the group sat together and talked with Miette. With Miette occasionally hinting that she wanted Ash, which only Bonnie and Serena picked up on. Ash ended up battling 4 trainers, with the battle with Fletchling resulting in it evolving into Fletchinder. Ash ascended in title quite fast, many said he probably could ascend to Grand Duke in a day of he wanted.

"Well I most be going now, Ash it was so nice seeing you again," said Miette, using a more flirtatious tone for the last part. "Oh and Serena," Miette got close to Serena's ear, "if you don't tell Ash how you feel soon, somebody else might come along and take him from you. Maybe even me." Serena's eyes widened upon hearing this. Miette thought she was speaking quietly enough so no one would hear, but a certain lemon blonde girl was close enough to hear what Miette said, and it made her blood boil.

Right after Miette left, "can you guys wait here, I have to use the bathroom" with that Bonnie dashed off before she got a response. In the hallway leading to the exit Miette was about to open the door when she heard a shout, "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO MEAN!" She turned around and saw Bonnie standing there, with a face of pure rage. "I heard what you said to Serena, you know she loves him and you just openly flirt with Ash just to hurt her." Miette walked back to Bonnie and knelt down, "I bet you fancy yourself a matchmaker, don't you. Tell me what's your plan, have them spend plenty of time together and eventually they will admit there love?" Bonnie's face was changing to a slightly curious one. Miette continues, "there's more than one way to get people to admit they love each other. Sometimes a little taunting and some competition can make them make their move much faster." Bonnie was now very curious, but before she could say anything Miette started again, "Bonnie listen, Serena is very shy and Ash is, well his body might look like it's chiseled from granite however, his head is denser. He's not going to see how Serena feels, and he will be way too nervous to make a move on his own. So for him profess his love he's going to need a big push. And I just don't think any of us can provide do that. However, Serena on the other hand she can be provoked to make the first move." Bonnie was now shocked, "I thought you wanted Ash?" Miette smiled, "Oh I do, but he made it clear when we first met that nothing was going to happen between us." Bonnie smiled, then realized something meitte said, "wait, you said to get him to profess his love, do you mean Ash loves Serena too." Miette smiled to Bonnie as she stood back up nodding. "Good luck Bonnie, as much as I do love playing match maker my self, I think you can handle this. Just don't let Serena forget about me, use me to push her." With that she left, leaving Bonnie with a huge smile. Now Bonnie heads back to the group more determined than ever to make sure Ash and Serena get together.