Chapter 23

It was very early morning in Laverre City, the sun hadn't even begun to rise yet. Serena was lying in bed, she woke up feeling cold, so she rolled over and reached for Ash to keep her warm. However as she reached she found that he wasn't there. She sat up in bed and looked around, no sign of Ash. She then noticed the curtain to the sliding glass door half opened. Serena wrapped her self up in the blanket and walked to the door and saw Ash and his Pokemon going through a rather tough training session, much more than they usually do before a gym battle. Ash saw Serena at the door and started to run over as Serena opened the door. When Ash arrived he gave Serena a quick yet loving kiss, "Good morning Serena, sorry if we woke you up." Serena shook her head, "You didn't wake me up. I was just feeling cold and noticed you weren't in bed with me." Serena said as she pouted at the end. Ash chuckled a little at her childish behavior as he wrapped his arms around her, "I'm sorry. I'm just really pumped about my gym battle today." "Well you don't normally train this hard on the day of a gym battle, did you see something during Max's battle?" "It's more like what I didn't see." Serena looked at Ash confused, so Ash explained. "During the battle I had this feeling that Valerie and her Spritzee were holding back. After the match as Valerie was walking away I confirmed this. I know she's going to be battling harder in our battle today, so I wanted to get some special training in so we can be ready for anything." Serena nodded in understanding, "that makes sense, however your Pokemon already look tired, how long have you been out here?" Ash gave a sheepish grin, "about an hour." "Trainings over now. Return your Pokemon so they can rest and join me in bed." Serena said sternly, she then turned around and went back inside. Even though Ash wanted to train some more, he knew better than to argue with Serena when she used that tone. He looked at his Pokemon and could tell that they all looked a little tired, "we do have a gym battle later, I guess we shouldn't over do it." He then returned his Pokemon and walked back inside. Ash passed the bed and was on his way to the shower. "Where are you going?" Serena asked from the bed. "I'm a bit  sweaty so I was going to take a shower before I get back in bed." Serena shook her head and pulled away the covers behind her, "Its cold without you in here. I need you in here with me, so please climb in and keep me warm." Serena said very sweetly. Ash just couldn't refuse a request like that, besides he loved holding her almost as much as she loved being held by him. Ash took off his training cloths down to his boxers and climbed into bed wrapping his arms around Serena and pulling her in close as Serena let out a happy sigh.

A few hours later everyone was sitting together happily as they ate breakfast. Even Max and Bonnie were happy, Bonnie because Max was acting alot nicer towards her, almost to the point for her to think that he might like her. Max, because of his conversation with Ash last night, he now understood the way he felt towards Bonnie, even though he still wasn't sure what to do with those feelings, just understanding made him feel better. After they were done eating they made there way to the gym. "I'm so excited to see you in a gym battle again. So what Pokemon are you going to use?" Max said exploding with excitement. "Honestly I don't know who I'm going to use. But I do intend on keeping it limited to only using Pokemon I've caught in Kalos." "Great, I can't wait to see more of the new Pokemon you've caught."

A few minutes later they were standing outside the Laverre City gym. "Well, here we go." Ash said as he pushed the doors open. Once the doors were open, everyone walked in and saw three of Valerie's girls standing in front of them. "Welcome to the Laverre City gym Ash Ketchum, Valerie is expecting you. Please follow us." One of the girls said. Everyone looked confused that they knew Ash's name. "Ash did you schedule this match with them or something?" Serena questioned, knowing there had to be a reasonable explanation for this. "Nope. Let's go, we don't want to keep Valerie waiting." Ash responded as he followed the girls. They walked down several hall ways until they arrived at a large battle field. The girls continued walking onto the field and then to the side with one stopping in the position of the referee. Seren gave Ash a kiss for luck as Ash walked to the challengers box, and the gang walked up to the spectators area. Once there the gang noticed that Valerie wasn't there. They were about to question where she was when the walls lit up and showed what looked like cherry blossoms falling, as Valerie made her entrance. "Nice entrance, just what I would expect from a fashion designer. Although not what I would expect for an Aura Guardian." Ash commented. Everyone gasped, "Ash, are you saying Valerie is an Aura Guardian." Clemont yelled. Ash looked back and smiled, "yup." "But how did you know?" Serena questioned. "I could feel her aura, it felt stronger than any other persons I've ever felt. So I decided to try communicating to her with my Aura after her match with Max. I introduced myself and asked if she was an aura guardian. All she said back was she was looking forward to battling me today." Ash explained. Ash then looked back at Valerie, "to be honest your the first Aura Guardian I've met since I started my training to use my Aura." "And your the first I've seen in almost a decade. Tell me, do you know how to use your Aura in a Pokemon battle?" Said Valerie. "You mean using it to predict your attacks, communicate with my Pokemon, seeing though there eyes, and boosting their power?" Ash qiestioned. Valerie nodded. "Then yes, but I don't use my aura in gym matches." Ash answered. "Well, please make an exception for me please. It's been so long since I've used my Aura in a match, I'm very excited to do so." "I think I can do that, should make this match alot more fun." Valerie smiled and nodded to the referee. "This will be an official gym battle between the Laverre City gym leader Valerie and the challanger Ash Ketchum from Rota. This will be a two on two match, no substitutions. The winner will be decided when all of one trainers Pokemon are unable to battle. Both trainers send out your first pokemon." Announced the Referee. "Go Sylveon." "Aerodactyl I choose you." "Both trainers ready." Ash and Valerie both nodded. "Battle Begin!"