Chapter 14

After a month Ash and the gang finally arrived in Shalour city. They arrived around 10 AM so feeling they had plenty of time for Ash to challenge the gym they headed to the Pokemon Center to get there rooms. Ash quickly dropped off his bag in his and Serena's room and then ran to a computer in the lobby while Serena stayed in the room to take a shower. When Ash got to the computer he started to research date ideas for him and Serena. A week ago he asked Serena if she wanted to go out on another date, even though they were dating now she still got very excited when he asked and responded with giving him a very happy yes and a big kiss. Ash started by looking to see if there was anything good happening in the city, which there was. Ash found there was some big dance, since Ash and Serena's last date he's talked with her alot to learn her likes and dislikes, and one thing he knew she would like was dancing. Ash purchased two tickets online and had the e-tickets sent to his phone. Ash read more about the dance to see it was semi formal, which ment he needed some nicer cloths and Serena might need a dress. Since Ash didn't bring much along the lines of cloths he new he would have to do the one thing he dreaded most, shopping. Ash decided it would be worth it though if it made Serena happy, and if Serena needed a dress Ash decided he would buy her a dress too. He looked more into the event and saw it started at 7PM, so he decided to find a nice restaurant for dinner they could go to first. Ash found a restaurant, but it didn't open for another thirty minutes so he couldn't make reservations yet. After finding the mall for shopping and getting directions to get everywhere Ash leaned back in his chair, confident he planned a great date.

Within seconds of Ash leaning back he felt two arms wrap around him and he was kisses on the cheek. He looked to the side he was kissed on and saw nobody, then he was kissed on the other cheek. He started to turn to the other side but then quickly shot his head back just in time to catch Serena and give her a kiss on the lips. After breaking the kiss she sat sideways on his lap. "So what are you up to?" Serena questioned. Ash smiled, "planing our date. How does dinner and a dance party sound?" Serena's eyes lit up, she had always dreamed of slow dancing with Ash, and now here he was making another one of her dreams come true, she then kissed him passionately. When they broke the kiss they looked into each others eye's, Ash spoke first with a smile, "I take it you like that idea." Serena then hugged him and whispered in his ear, "I don't like it, I love it." Ash then took a deep breath, "there is one problem though, we have to dress a bit nicer for this and I'm wearing the nicest clothes I brought with me. Which means I'm going to need to go shopping for something to wear," Ash then decided to add, "and you might want a new dress to match. Which I'm going to be buying for you." Serena's eyes lit up once again with the idea of shopping. She then started to kiss him repeatedly, saying "I love you", between each kiss.

After the kisses Ash spoke again, "all we have to do now is for me to beat the gym and we can get our date day started." "Easier said than done." Ash and Serena both turned to the side and saw Clemont with a serious expression and Bonnie with a big smile after seeing the two of them together. Serena got off of Ash's lap and they both stood up. "What do you mean Clemont," Questioned Ash. "Follow me and I'll show you." With that they all walked out of the Pokemon center to an overlook across the steet. From there they see the ocean and an island a couple hundred feet of shore. "That is the Shalour city gym," Clemont said pointing to the island. "Great, how do we get there," Ash asked as he looked at the island. "And there's the problem, I have no idea. I've asked around but everyone keeps telling me you can only get there two times a day," replied Clemont. "Well what do we do now," Ash asked in a slightly frustrated tone. "You'll have to be patient and wait for the tides to change".

The group turned around to see a girl about eighteen with long blonde hair in a ponytail, wearing a white sleeveless shirt and skirt with red accents. Before anyone else could get a word out Bonnie ran forward, got down on one knee, and extended a hand, "your a keeper, please take care of my bother." "Bonnie, I've told you", Clemont yelled but the girl raised he hand up to signal Clemont to stop, which he did. She then knelt down to Bonnie's level and said, "Bonnie let me give you some advice. First you can't just ask girls to marry your brother. They need to get to know each other first by going out on dates. Second Clemont needs to be the one asking the girl, she'll have more respect for him than if you ask." She then looked up at Clemont with a sly smile, "now if Clemont were to ask ME on a date, I might say yes." Bonnie's eyes lit up with excitement and pushed Clemont forward, "You heard her Clemont, ask her out. And don't screw it up." "Bonnie stop pushing, I can't ask Korrina out on a date anyway, " Stated Clemont sounding a bit disappointed himself. Everyone frowned at this, bonnie spoke up first, "but why not Clemont, it sounds like she would say yes and.....wait a minute. she never said her name, do you two know each other?" Clemont and Korrina looked at each other and gave small smiles before Clemont responded, "all the gym leaders know one another. May I introduce Korrina, the Shalour city gym leader." Clemont then introduced Ash and Serena, then Ash spoke, "nice to meet you, and since your the gym leader can you explain how were supposed to get to the gym?" "Its simple, a path appears during low tide. So the gym can only be accessed twice a day. You missed the morning low tide so next will be in the evening around eight, so your better off waiting till tomorrow," explained Korrina. "Great now that that's out of the way," Bonnie turned to Clemont with an confused and annoyed look on her face, "why don't you want to ask Korrina out!" Clemont sighed, "it's not that I don't want to, because I do. It's that Ash and Serena already are going out on a date and I can't leave you alone." Everyone looked down disappointed, then Ash had an idea, "Clemont what if we had a responsible Pokemon that's used to taking care of others?" All eyes were on Clemont now, his eyes locking on Korrina's seeing the hope in her eyes. He smiled, "if you think you have a Pokemon that can handle her, then I'd be ok with it." Everyone was happy with the answer, but none more than Clemont and Korrina. "In that case I'll go transfer him over now," with that Ash walked back into the Pokemon Center.