Chapter 26

Author's notes
After I posted chapter 25 I thought about it and decided that you, the readers deserve another chapter as a thanks. So here I present to you chapter 26. And as always, vote if you like it, share with your friends, and please comment. I like to read the comments and respond if called for.

As planned the gang left Dendemille Town this morning after celebrating Serena winning her first princess key. They planned out their route during breakfast and saw a small town with a Pokemon center on the way that they would arrive at before dinner. So instead of camping they decided to stop there for the night. As they entered the town they noticed the decorations, as well as several children running around in costumes. "What's going on here?" Ash questioned, hoping his Kalos friends knew. "I have no idea, it looks like some kind of festival." Clemont replied. "Yay, looks like fun." Bonnie cheered. "Come on, let's go to the Pokemon center. I'm sure we'll be able to find out more there." Added Serena.

The gang made their way to the Pokemon center where they saw the wigglytuff standing at the desk. "Welcome to the Pokemon center, how may I help you?" Everyone thought the wigglytuff was speaking until nurse Joy jumped out from behind it laughing. Everyone looked very confused as they looked at nurse Joy, she then realized, "oh, you must be from out of town. Well you picked the perfect day to arrive as we are celebrating the Gourgeist festival." "So that's what's going on." Said Clemont. "What's the Gourgeist festival?" Asked Ash. Before nurse Joy could answer from behind the gang another person answered, "only the best festival ever." Everyone turned around, "Miette?" Everyone said in unison. "Yup it's me. If I knew you were heading this way I would have given you all a ride in my limo." "So I take it your here for the festival?" Asked Serena. "That's right. More specifically the costume party my uncle, Count Pumpka, throws every year for the festival. Normally it's by invitation only, but my uncle always tells me I can bring my friends, so I can get you in if you like." Miette replied. "Oh can we guys?" Bonnie pleaded to everyone. They all looked at each other and nodded. "Ok, we're going." Clemont said. "Great, now all you need are costumes. I just bought mine and was about to change. I could show you to the costume shop if you like?" Miette offered. "No need, just leave it to me." Serena replied. In no time at all Serena made costumes for everyone. Bonnie was a Ludicolo, and Dedenne was a corphish, per Korrina's suggestion Clemont was a Lucario, while Korrina was a Gardevoir. Pikachu was a psyduck, while Ash was a Frogadier and Serena was a Braxin. Considering Ash and Serena's costumes and the fact that Frogadier and Braxin don't get many opportunities for dates, it was decided that they could come also dressed as their trainers, which everyone thought was a fun idea. "Ok were all ready, where's Miette?" Asked Ash. "Right here." Said Miette from behind. Everyone turned around to find Miette dressed as a female Meowstic. "Wow, your costume looks great." Bonnie said to Miette. "Well thank you. Your costumes look great too. Serena did you actually make these?" Miette asked. Serena nodded. "These look just as good or better than a store bought one." Meitte complemented. They all then left the Pokemon center and made their way to the castle on top of a hill overlooking the town.

Upon arriving at the entrance to the castle they saw several guards not wearing costumes with Gourgeist and a women dressed as a Mismagius with a tablet checking name's for the guest list. "Welcome back princess." The women said as they arrived. "Thank you Liz. These are my friends and they will be joining me as my guests." Miette stated. "Very good. I need your names please." Liz said looking at the gang. "My name is Ash Ketchum." "Wait a moment please." She said as she checked the list, "There you are, Prince Ash Ketchum of the Cameran Palace." Ash's eyes grew wide upon hearing this. "WHAT!" Said everyone else in the group except for Serena. "I swear Ash I had no idea you were on the guest list." Said Miette as she held her hands out in front of her. "Ash are you really a prince." Asked Clemont. Ash nodded, "can we please discuss this inside? I promise to explain everything to you all after we are inside." The others agreed and gave their names to Liz before entering. "Ok Ash spill it." Said Korrina. Ash took a deep breath and explained everything to then as he did for Serena a few months ago. "Wow. Well I can't say I blame you, your logic makes sense." Said Clemont when Ash was done. "So Serena, you already knew all this didn't you?" Korrina questioned after she realized Serena didn't seem at all suprised by what she heard. "Yes I knew. Ash told me that night we stayed at the Pokemon center in the badlands." Serena answered. "Wait. Serena, doesn't that mean when you and Ash get married you'll become a princess." Bonnie asked with a smile on her face and hearts in her eyes. "Yes it does. One day we will be calling her princess Serena." Said Miette with a smirk.