Chapter 21

Authors notes
Really quick notes this time. I've decided to extend my deadline for votes to be in for team flare to my Oct 27 update. Reason, I've been hit with a couple of ideas I can write before I start setting the stage for team flare. So please post you vote in the comments.
As always if you have an episode or an idea you would like to see please message me the idea and I'll see if I can use it. If I use it I will give you credit for the idea.
Lastly I love seeing the views going up, so if you like my work share it with others, vote, and tell me would you think, or ask questions if I wasn't clear on something or your are courious about something and I will answer. I just won't tell you detailed plans.
Now without further ado, I bring you chapter 21. Enjoy.

It's been three days since the gang left Lumiose City and are now on their way to Laverre City for Ash's sixth Kalos Gym Badge. Currently they are all enjoying a delicious lunch made by Clemont, as they take a break from walking by a stream along with their Pokemon. They were cleaning up from lunch when a bellsprout slid down the hill by them and ran to Goodra. A few seconds later an older man came up also, "why it is you. It's good to see you again Goomy, I mean Goodra." "Excuse me sir, but do you know my Goodra?" Ash asked as he walked up. "Oh how rude of me. My name is Keanan. I'm a naturalist studying the wetlands not far from here that Goodra used to call home back when he was a Goomy." Everyone then introduced themselves before Keanan invited them all to the join him at his home/research lab in the wetlands, to which everyone accepted.

A short time later everyone was was standing on the dock connected to Keanan's house, looking out at the wetlands. "It looks so pretty." Said Bonnie. "So how does it feel to be home Goodra?" Ash asked. Goodra just looked out into the wetlands with a sad look on his face. "Goodra? What's wrong?" Asked Serena. "It probably has something to do with the reason why he left." Said Keanan. "What do you mean?" Asked Korrina. "The Pokemon that lived here lived together happily for years, however that all changed a few months ago. A small army of wild Pokemon came and just attacked the native Pokemon, trying to drive them out of the wetlands." Informed Keanan. Everyone was shocked and looked sadly at Goodra. "Why would they do that?" Serena asked nobody in particular. "I believe it's for the water here." Keanan answered. "Why would they be fighting for the water?" Clemont inquired. "The water here has remarkable healing properties. This is why I'm here, I'm trying to figure out the source of the healing. Although I'm afraid that I won't be able to figure it out in time." Keanan said sounding depressed saying the last part. "Whys that?" Asked Bonnie. "I've been studying the water here for years and I've noticed the effectiveness of the water has been steadily decreasing, however it's been even faster since this war has started. I've theorized it was the due to the drop in the water level," Keanan said pointing to a rock in the water showing an old waterline almost a foot higher than the current water level. "I've seen over the last few years less and less rain fall here and the underground spring that feeds the wetlands just can't keep up. And with this little war happening I believe it proves that whatever gives the water it's healing property's is something that can be used up." Keanan said. "What about Goodra's friends?" Ash asked. "They're still here, living in secret in a small corner of the wetlands." Keanan informed. Just then Goodra let out a loud cry that was heard all over the wetlands, by both sides.