Chapter 45

Authors notes:
Here we are, chapter 45. One thing I've noticed while writing, when I write a chapter that I've been thinking about for a while, the word count takes a sudden spike you. After that the rest of my chapters word counts go up a little bit. Because of this it's taking me longer to write chapters. So I've made a decision that I don't think you all will like, and I'm not too fond of either. I'm going to be going to an every two week update schedule for the time being. The Master Class chapter is at best two thirds done and I just don't think I'll have it complete before next week.

After that I'm actually going to be writing two one shots. I've got an idea for one that I don't want to forget, also I promised @shippingqueenjeanne a carbongameshipping one shot, and I feel it would be rude to what till I'm done with this story. I hope you all understand.

Anyway, if you like my chapter please vote, feel free to comment, and please do share with your friends. I now present to you chapter 45, enjoy.

The gang was walking along the trail to Gloire City for Serena's Master Class showcase. The gang is walking along peacefully until Ash and Bonnie suddenly stop walking. "Ash, Bonnie, what is it," asks Serena. Ash doesn't answer, he just starts looking around. Bonnie grabs onto Clemont with a nervous look on her face. "Bonnie what's wrong," asks Clemont. "Somethings coming. A powerful aura, and it feels angry," Bonnie replied. Just then Ash snaps his head up to look at the sky, then a loud cry is heard and a large yellow bird like Pokemon is seen flying down from the clouds. "Bonnie, what you just felt was the aura of a ledgenday Pokemon. Zapdos to be precise," said Ash. Everyone watched the lightning bird in awe as the sight of it was so rare. Serena looked at Ash to see him calm and not looking as excited as the others, then it occurred to her, "Ash, you've seen Zapdos before haven't you?" Ash gave a nervous chuckle as he scratched the back of his head, "umm, no comment." Just then a bolt of lightning struck a near by tree causing it to fall onto the path. "Did that come from Zapdos," asked Korrina. "I'm not sure," replied Ash. Just then another bolt of lightning struck, causing another tree to fall. "Its doesn't matter where it's coming from, we need to find shelter now," said Serena as she pulled her tablet out of her bag. "It looks like there's a Pokemon center just a little bit further down this trail." "Sounds good, let's go quick," said Ash. And with that they all took off running.

It didn't take long to arrive at the Pokemon center. Once inside they saw alot of other trainers inside, both trying to escape the lightning and get their Pokemon treated. Just then lightning struck again, causing the lights to flicker. "Guys I have a bad feeling about this," said Korrina. Lightning struck again, this time the lights went out causing people to start to panic. "Everyone please stay calm. The emergency generator will kick on any second now," said Nurse Joy. Everyone waited for a few seconds, looking at the lights in the ceiling waiting for them to turn on. After they didn't turn back on a grim look formed on Nurse Joy's face. Clemont being the kind person he is walked up to Nurse Joy, "excuse me Nurse Joy, obviously the lights should have come back on by now. I'm actually pretty good at fixing things, would you mind if I took a look at the generator?" "Yes, please follow me," Nurse Joy responded, as the expression on her face appeared to lighten a bit.

She lead the gang to the basement and to the generator. "Alright let's check the basics," said Clemont as he opened a breaker panel. He found the breaker the generator tripped and reset it, but then it tripped again instantly. "Hmm, this might take a little bit to find the problem," said Clemont. "Oh no. Please hurry, we have several Pokemon in intensive care. They won't survive long if we don't get the power back on," said Nurse Joy as the grim look on her face returned. "In that case, I've got an idea for temporary power. Luxray come on out," said Clemont. "Oh, I know what your doing. Pikachu, can you give them a hand," said Ash. Pikachu nodded and jumped off of Ash's shoulder and stood next to Luxray. "Thank you. Bonnie, can we get Dedenne too," said Clemont. Bonnie agreed and Dedenne joined Luxray and Pikachu. Clemont then secured wires to all three Pokemon. "Ok, let the electricity flow," said Clemont. All three Pokemon then started sending electricity into the wires. Then some of the lights came back on. "Well I was able to set it up for some lights and the intensive care unit to get power. It's only the essentials, but that should be enough till I get this generator fixed," said Clemont "Thank you very much," Nurse Joy said with a smile. "Nurse Joy is there anything we can do to help," asked Serena. "Actually yes. If you girls could hand out berries to the less crucial patients, while I take care of the more serious ones that would be very helpful," said Nurse Joy. "Hey Ash could you stay down here, I might need an extra set of hands," asked Clemont. Ash nodded and the girls left to help Nurse Joy.