Chapter 44

Authors notes:
Finally, Serena's final showcase. Today's showcase is brought to you by killerdude123, so be sure to thank him. Also I wanted to thank you all, I have now exceeded 300 followers. Now that that's out of the way, if you like the chapter please vote, feel free to leave comments, and share this story with your friends. I now present to you chapter 44, enjoy.

The gang finally made it to Fleurrh City for Serena's final showcase, where she was going to try and win her last Princess Key needed to qualify for the Master Class. As the gang walked down the street to the Pokemon center, they noticed posters, banners, and flags advertising for the showcase everywhere. "Well you'd never think there was a showcase coming here from the looks of this town," Korrina said sarcastically. Everyone agreed with Korrina's sarcasm, as they hadn't seen any other towns go so crazy for a showcase. That's when Ash noticed Serena seemed to be in a daze as she walked. "Hey Serena are you ok," asked Ash. "What? Sorry I guess I zoned out a little bit," Serena replied. "Are you ok," Ash asked again. "I'm fine, just thinking about the showcase," said Serena. Ash suspected there was more to it than that, but decided to ask again in private.

The gang kept walking a little bit longer until they saw a large crowd in front of one of the shops up ahead. "Must be a sale," Bonnie commented. But that was proven wrong when the crowd suddenly start cheering, "Amelia", "Amelia we love you", "you'll win your next princess key for sure," people in the crowd called out. The gang looked on confused about who they were talking about, until they saw her, a girl about their age wearing an outfit with each article a different shade of purple. She walked down the steps for the shop and started walking down the sidewalk with an older man in a black suit, that looked like her butler following her carrying her bags. As she approached the gang they stepped to the side as she walked right through them without even looking at any of them, as she acted as she was above them. She then walked to a black car, where a chauffeur quickly jumped out as she approached and opened the door for her to climb in. The other man loaded the bags into the trunk and then they both got into the front seat. "Who was that? She acted like what you would think royalty would act like," said Korrina. Everyone then looked at Ash. "What? You think just because I'm a Prince I know all the royals," asked Ash. The gang nodded. Ash sighed, "she's not royalty. Her father owns the largest gem mining company in the world." "How do you know that," asked Clemont. "Rota is known to have some of finest crystals in the world, and he wanted to mine them. He tried to get Queen Ilene to allow him to, but his methods were too destructive to the surrounding area so she refused to allow it. The guy was a creep, he heard the Queen adopted a son so he offered up the idea of his daughter and I getting together with the hope the Queen would change her mind," said Ash. "I can't believe he stooped as low as offering up his daughter," said Serena. "Some people only care about money, I guess he only saw her as a bargaining chip. But it wouldn't have ever worked, even if the Queen did agree to it," said Ash. "Why not," asked Bonnie. "Because I already had my heart set on another girl," Ash said as he looked at Serena when he said the last part. Serena blushed and Ash wraped his arm around her and kissed her cheek. They then made their way to the Pokemon Center.

It was late at night and everyone was asleep, except for Serena. She couldn't sleep and was just lying in bed occasionally changing position. "What's wrong." Serena jumped slightly and looked at Ash, who's eyes were closed. "Ash are you awake," Serena asked. Ash opened his eyes and looked at her, "yup, so what's wrong?" "It's nothing, sorry for waking you," Serena said as she laid down. "If it's keeping you up then it's not nothing, so tell me. Maybe I can help," Ash said as he sat up. Serena rolled onto her back and looked at Ash, "this is my last chance to qualify for the master class. If I fail tomorrow then that's it, I don't get a second chance. I'd have to wait till next year to try again." "Serena you can't think like that. If you think you'll fail then you will. You can only do your best if you walk out there and know you are going to give it your all," said Ash. "But what if I fail," asked Serena. "Then you fail, but I know you won't," said Ash. "How do you know that, how can you be so confident," asked Serena. "A few reasons, your performances are just amazing, you work so hard, Aria even said you were the only one who stood a chance at beating her, and because you live by my mantra, never give up till the end. Serena, it's not the end yet, so don't quit before you even start," said Ash with a comforting smile. Serena scooted in closer to Ash and wrapped her arms around him, "thank you Ash, you always know just what to say to make me feel better." Ash smiled and laid back down in bed, and wrapped his arms around Serena as she laid her head on his chest. Ash then kissed Serena's head, "Goodnight Serena."