Chapter 24

Authors notes:
Well I excited to say I now have over 100 followers. To celebrate, I'm releasing this extra chapter to thank you all for the follows. Also a shout out to eeveerocks for being my 100th follower. Now as always if you enjoyed the chapter please vote, if you have anything to say please comment, and please share with others if your enjoying my work. I now present to you chapter 24, enjoy.

It's been a few days since the gang left Lavarre city and were cleaning up from enjoying lunch in a clearing before starting off again to Dendemille Town. Since leaving both Ash and Serena had been training hard every day for their next showcase and gym battle. This behavior only made everyone agree they were perfect for each other. Watching them like this though would make Bonnie a little sad, as she missed Max, and hoped they would run into him again soon. As they were returning their Pokemon they heard a yell, "Lucha!" Hawlucha yelled pointing. The gang followed and saw Ash's Pokemon egg was glowing. "What's happening?" Bonnie Asked. "It looks like it's getting ready to hatch." Korrina stated. Ash ran to the egg and removed it from the incubator and held it in his arms as everyone including the Pokemon gathered around to see it hatch. The egg shakes and cracks, shakes some more and cracks some more, until a small furry black and purple Pokemon emerged. The Pokemon looked up and saw Ash smiling down at it. "Noi." The Pokemon said happily as it jumped out of the rest of the egg, and grabbed onto Ash's jacket hugging him. Ash dropped the egg giving it a light hug back. "AWWWW WHAT A CUTIE! What is it." Bonnie squealed. Serena scanned the Pokemon with her pokedex and learned it is a Noibat. At the same time Noibat turned around because of Bonnie's squeal and saw everyone looking at it, it then became scared and buried it's head back into Ash's chest and started emitting ultrasonic waves, causing everyone to cover their ears. "Noibat calm down, everything's ok." Ash said to Noibat while putting a hand on its head, this calmed Noibat. "Hmm, it looks like Noibat sees you as it's parent." Clemont observed. Then a smirk appeared on Bonnie's face, "So I guess you could say that Ash is Noibat's father right?" "I guess you could." Clemont replied. Korrina formed a devious smile on her face as she picked up on where Bonnie was going with this and decided to carry it further, "in that case couldn't you say that Serena is Noibat's mother?" Serena's face went bright red from this comment. "Well that would make sense." Clemont replied nonchalantly, not having any clue as to what Bonnie and Korrina were up to. "You hear that Serena you and Ash are parents already!" Bonnie exclaimed. Both Ash and Serena were blushing, "Serena, you don't have to be Noibat's mom, unless you want to of course." Ash said nervously. "Actually, I kind of like the sound of being Noibat's mom, if you would let me." Serena replied even more nervously with her head tilted down and eyes looking up at Ash. Ash walked up to Serena, put his hand under her chin and tilted her head up so she was looking right at him, "then I guess we are Noibat's parents then." Ash then leaned in and kissed Serena. After they broke the kiss Ash looked down at Noibat, "Ok Noibat it's decided, this is Serena," Ash said pointing to her, "and she will be your mom and I'll be your dad. Together we will be your parents." Noibat let out a happy cry as he jumped to Serena nuzzling his head in her chest.

Then cried out again with ultrasonic waves, causing almost everyone to cover their ears. "Shhh shhh, Noibat what's wrong." Serena said comforting Noibat as she petted it's head. This caused Noibat to calm down. "Could he be hungry?" Serena asked. "That would make sense, new Pokemon usually do need to eat shortly after being born." Clemont stated. With that said Pikachu and Dedenne ran up a tree and brought back down some fruit. Serena set Noibat down in front of the fruit and let out quieter ultrasonic waves at the fruit, but then shook his head. "What's wrong, don't you like them?" Bonnie asked. Noibat shook it's head again, "noi noi." "I think he said the fruit isn't ripe." Ash said. "You think? I thought you could understand pokemon speech?" Korrina questioned. "I can, but can you always understand a young child? Noibat is still learning to talk, it's going to take a little while before it's completely clear." Ash explained. Everyone nodded in understanding. Then the rest of the Pokemon spread out and gathered a bunch of fruit from the surrounding trees and brought them to Noibat. Noibat used it's ultrasonic waves again to check the fruit, once it found a good piece it happily picked it up and ate it. After it was done it looked up and tried to fly, but didn't make it very far before it made a rough crash down, letting out ultrasonic waves once again making everyone cover their ears. Ash and Serena ran to Noibat and comforted it. "Wow, you two have this parenting thing down already." Said Bonnie. "Yeah, you two will be great parents when you have your own kids." Korrina said teasing. This caused both Ash and Serena's eyes to nearly pop out of their heads and both of their faces to turn very bright red. This caused the others, including the Pokemon to laugh a little bit. Ash thought quickly and changed the subject, "Hey, Fletchender, Hawlucha. Since you two are flying types, why don't you help out Noibat on learning to fly. Since we are all a family he is kind of your little brother." Both Pokemon puffed out their chest with pride as they flew over and talked with Noibat. Noibat then jumped out of Serena's arms and tried to take off like Fletchender. He was able to get off the ground for a little bit but couldn't stay up. Before he started crying again Hawlucha stepped up and spoke to him. Then Noibat followed Hawlucha as he got a running start before jumping up and taking flight. Noibat was able to get up easier, but still crashed. The Pokemon kept working with Noibat, and he did make improvements, but still kept crashing. Upon his most recent crash Noibat let out ultrasonic waves in frustration.