Chapter 42

Authors notes:
Welcome to chapter 42. This chapter and the next chapter, I've been planning in my head since early on in the writing of this story, so I hope you enjoy. With that out of the way, if you like my work please vote, feel free to leave comments, and please share this story with your friends. I now present to you, chapter 42. Enjoy.

"Shellgon flamethrower." "Hawlucha dodge, then use high jump kick."

The gang stopped at a Pokemon center while on their way to Snowbell City. There they ran into Max as he was about to leave, and started to catch up on what's new. After Max realized the rest of the gang was noticing him stealing glances of Bonnie, he decided to challange Ash to a three verus three Pokemon battle, which Ash accepted excitedly.

Hawlucha dodged the flamethrower then charged in quickly. The high jump kick connected with great force knocking Shellgon back, stopping in front of Max with swirly eye's.

"Shellgon is unable to battle," Clemont anounced as he acted as the referee. "Go Ash. Don't give up Max," Bonnie cried out to both. For the first time ever Bonnie found herself conflicted on who to cheer for. On the one hand was Ash who she always cheered for, and then there was Max who made her have warm fuzzy feelings when he was around. Despite every instinct in her body telling her to cheer for Max, she decided to support both. Serena and Korrina both giggled because of this since they both knew why she wanted to support Max. Max and Ash both returned their Pokemon. "Dodrio, your up," Max said calling out his second Pokemon. "Goodra, I choose you."

Dodrio started with quick attack, charging in with great speed. Goodra tried to counter with ice beam, but Dodrio was able to easily dodge it. The quick attack conntected causing some damage, but nothing Goodra couldn't endure. Dodrio was taking advantage of its speed over Goodra and started to charge in with drill peck. As the three headed bird ran in Goodra used ice beam, but this time on the battle field. This caused Dodrio to slip and fall on the ice, aborting the drill peck. Dodrio was able to stand back up by using its claws to dig into the ice, but when it looked over towards where Goodra was he wasn't there. Dodrio then looked up in time to see Goodra land on top of it using body slam. When Goodra stood back up Dodrio had swirly eye's. "Dodrio is unable to battle," Clemont called out. Ash and Max both returned their Pokemon again. "I knew you wouldn't be easy to beat Ash, but if I can win one of these matches that will be good enough," Max said as he released his third and final Pokemon. "Sceptile, your up." "So Grovyle evolved. In that case I know exactly who to use. Greninja, I choose you!"

Both Pokemon took a battle stance as they stared each other down, both determined to win the match. Sceptile started by charging in with leaf blade, as Greninja countered with cut. The two attacks met with such force shock waves were felt by the trees above them as well as everyone watching, and some who weren't yet.

Above the battle field there was a trail, on that trail was a trainer with purple hair, wearing a black and purple hoodie. He was walking by during the battle and felt the shockwave. Curious, he walked over to the wall and looked down at the battle field, and saw a Sceptile using Dragon pulse on a Greninja. He then looked at the trainers, first he saw a young trainer with black hair and glasses. His eyes widend and a smirk appeared on his face as he saw the other trainer was none other than Ash.

As Greninja was recovering from the Dragon pulse Sceptile used leaf storm. The attack picked Greninja up off the ground as the damage was dealt. Once the attack was over Greninja fell to the ground. "Greninja can you still battle," Ash asked. Greninja struggled, but managed to stand back up. "Great, now let's go," Ash cried out. At that moment a column of water shot of into the air and Greninja's form changed. Upon completing the change the water column died down, while still leaving Greninja engulfed in water. Max and Sceptile looked at Greninja in shock as they looked at his new form. "Lets finish this quick Sceptile, bullet seed," Max ordered. "Aerial ace," Ash called out. Greninja shot forward at incredible speed and dodged the bullet seed easily. Greninja got close so fast that Sceptile was unable to block as Greninja sent Sceptile flying past Max, stopping in the stone wall behind him, with only one spining kick. Greninja reverted back to his normal form and fell down to one knee, as did Ash. Braxin released herself from her pokeball and ran to Greninja and helped him back to his feet as he leaned on her. Serena did same for Ash, "Ash are you ok?" Serena asked when she arrived at his side. "I'm fine, just wiped out," Ash responded. Serena smiled as she knew Ash was ok, she then helped him to his feet and into the Pokemon center.