Chapter 15

Ash and the others arrived at the mall and decided to split up, the girls looking at what they needed and the guys looking at what they needed. As Clemont and Ash were walking to the men's department something caught Ash's eye causing his to stop and take a look. What caught his eye was the jewelry department, behind the glass he saw many precious stones. Ash couldn't help but look, the thought of Serena's reaction when he gave her a beautiful piece of jewelry took over his mind, especially her smile. Ash continued to look, which caught Clemont's attention as he took a look at some of the jewelry also, until he saw a price tag. "Hey Ash, this stuff looks a bit pricy." Ash didn't even look at Clemont when he responded, "Clemont, I've traveled through five other regions, and in that time I've earned quite a bit of money. I never spent any of it on anything other than necessities, so as you can imagine I've saved alot, so if I want to buy Serena something nice I can easily afford it." Clemont just shook his head and walked off the the men's clothing, as Ash continued to look. He was about to leave when he saw them, a pair of platinum one carrot diamond earrings, with a matching diamond encrusted heart shaped necklace. Ash smiled, "perfect."

Back with the girls, Korrina and Serena were trying on dress after dress with Bonnie giving her input, which was actually helpful despite her age. They kept this up for a while, however unbeknownst to the girls Korrina kept getting surprised looks from people. Being the gym leader most people knew who she was and seeing her doing something girls like like dress shopping was unusual to them. Not that she couldn't, it's just out of character. She doesn't act like a tomboy or like a guy, She makes no effort to not look like a girl, she just doesn't ever seem to go out of her way to look extra pretty. Some people who were nosey overheard the conversations between the girls and heard about Korrina going to the dance with some guy named Clemont. Many guys had tried to date Korrina in the past but all got shot down hard. People wondered what her type was and after they heard about this guy named Clemont taking her to the dance they started to wonder what he was like. Many believed Clemont must be the tough, good looking, athletic guy, whith a ripped body, that makes girls fall for him with just a look, essentially a complete stud, seeing that Korrina was athletic and very attractive that made sense to them. This showed how little they knew about there gym leader, she wanted a guy who was kind, loving, put others before himself, was good with Pokemon, and kids. The last one was a big one for her since she was a little baby crazy, saying she wanted to conceive her first child on her wedding night.

Upon finishing there shopping they met up again at the front of the store to check out. Even though Ash said he was paying for Serena's purchase, Serena wanted to keep her purchases a surprise from Ash. To deal with this Ash gave Serena his credit card and she would just give it back after he was done, which earned him some looks because it was a Mew Platinum card which comes with no limit. After paying for there purchases they left the mall and headed back to the Pokemon Center.

Upon arriving the group split up to get ready, Ash and Clemont in Clemont and Bonnie's room and Korrina and Serena in Ash and Serena's room. After Ash was ready he decided he wanted to give Serena part of her first gift, so he walked down to the girls room and knocked. "Who is it?" Asked a voice through the door. "Bonnie its Ash." "Sorry Ash, but if you were hopeing to watch the girls get changed then I'm going to have to disappoint you, because I'm not letting you in," said Bonnie teasingly. Ash sighed, "that's fine Bonnie, I wasn't here for that, I came for two reasons. First I forgot to tell Serena, this dance allows each person to bring one Pokemon as well." "I'll let them know, what's the other thing?" "I have a little gift for Serena and I just wanted to give it to here." The door then opened just enough for Bonnie to slip out and close it behind her. "What is it, can I see," Bonnie asked, eyes wide with excitement. "Well since I'm not allowed in there you'll have to give it to her on my behalf if you want to find out," Ash said teasing the curious little girl as he pulled out a small gift bag. Bonnie pouted then smiled as she took the bag and went back into the room.