Chapter 19

The gang had left Coumarine city about two weeks ago and it's been pretty uneventful. However now they are traveling through the Lumiose Badlands, and the name was well deserved as all that anyone could see was dry cracked soil, rocks, sand, and some desert plants. "How much further?" Bonnie groaned from Clemont's back. The heat had been getting to everyone, but Bonnie being much younger wasn't as tolerant of it, leaving Clemont to carry her on his back with Dedenne riding on her head. Serena pulled out her tablet and checked the map, "not much further, about one mile left till we get to the Pokemon Center. From the looks of it we should be able to see it once we get over that hill." Serena said pointing to a hill a couple hundred feet ahead of them. Serena only made a few more steps before the heat got to her too, "I don't know how much more of this I can stand. This heat is unbearable, I don't know if I can walk that far." She said hunched over. As Ash looked at her after that statement he got a fun idea. He walked to her side, and before Serena even knew he was there he scooped her up in his arms bridal style. "Eeeeeek" was all that came out of Serena's mouth from the shock of getting picked up. She then looked at Ash, "what? You said you didn't think you could walk that far. So, I figured I'd carry you." Said Ash with a smile. She was blushing, but nobody could tell since the heat had everyone's face red. Even though they couldn't see it Bonnie and Korrina did suspect as they gave her a mischevious smile. Serena decided to not look back at them and just enjoy Ash carrying her, and day dream of another particular circumstance in the future where Ash would carry her.

About twenty minutes later the gang reached the top of the ridge and saw a very welcoming sight. "Serena was this even on the map?" Asked Korrina. Serena pulled out he tablet and double checked, "no, it just shows the Pokemon center in the middle of nowhere. There isn't even any information about this being here." What they saw was the Pokemon center in the middle of a lush oasis, complete with a beautiful blue spring just a couple of feet away from the Pokemon Center. After a short walk further they were walking into the Pokemon center. "Welcome, how may I help you?" Nurse Joy asked. "Could you take a look at our pokemon and three rooms please." Said Clemont as he put Bonnie down and everyone handed Nurse Joy and Wigglytuff their pokeballs as well as Pikachu and Dedenne. "Of course, here's your key cards and we'll get your Pokemon back to you soon." "Thanks Nurse Joy." Said Clemont, he then headed over to the others who were standing under an air vent blowing out cold air. "Ok, Ash and Serena here's your key, and Bonnie here's yours. Bonnie started getting her own room when staying at the Pokemon center after Clemont and Korrina shared a tent for the first time, three days after leaving Coumarine city.

Flashback
The group left Coumarine city three days ago and were now setting up camp for the night. Ash and Serena were setting up their tent, Korrina was setting up hers, Clemont was already done setting his up and was helping Bonnie with hers. Bonnie was working very hard to keep Clemont focused on her tent while Korrina put her and Bonnie's plan into action.

"Uughh, why won't this stupid tent stay up!" Korrina said fake angry. "Hey Clemont, I've got it from here. Why don't you go give Korrina a hand." Said Bonnie who didn't really need help in the first place. "Alright. Korrina, let me give you a hand with that." "That would be great thanks." Korrina said as she moved aside so Clemont could find the "problem". Clemont tried to stand the tent up, but with no luck. He then started to examine the parts until he found the problem. "Well here's your problem." Clemont was holding a broken tent rod for Korrina to see, the same one she broke intentionally while Clemont was busy helping Bonnie. "Well that's great," Korrina said sarcastically, "I guess I'm going to have to replace that in the next town. Wait! Where am I supposed to sleep now." Korrina pretended to sound distressed saying the last part. Bonnie then chimed in, on cue, "Well, you and Clemont are dating after all. You could just do like Ash and Serena and share a tent." Clemont's face went bright red. "Is that ok with you Clemont?" Korrina said with her head tilted down, while looking up giving a sweet innocent look. "Thhats fffine with me." Clemont said with a stutter. "Great!" Korinna said happily as she grabbed her bag and put it in Clemont's tent. As she walked back to her tent to put it back on her bag she stopped and whispered in his ear, "I hope you don't mind, I like to sleep in only my bra and panties." Clemont turned and even brighter red. Korrina then continued to her tent to put it away. Bonnie then walked up beside Clemont and handed him a tissue, "here, your nose is bleeding."