He can cry?

"I thought you killed him?!" I say shocked. His eyes weren't red from crying, they were red from anger and it terrifies me.

"I killed my stepdad" he reassures.

"What happened Lock..." I say shyly. He clenches his jaw and fists. "Don't tell me if you don't wanna" I smile.

"No I need to. If you're living with us then you need to know" he pauses and looks at me. I just smile.

"My mom and Dawson had me when they were young. My mom loved me, Dawson didn't. He hates me. But they ended up living together to raise me. Dawson left my mom to raise me on her own. My mom was stressed enough and he knew that" he pauses "he fucking knew that! And he left her! Few years later they met up and he wanted to me to be in his life again, so he moved in again" he sighs "Remember the nightmares I told you about?" I nod. "I would scream and wake up in horror. Mom and Dawson ran into my room trying to comfort me. I knew what happened. I wasn't dumb. I didn't trust Dawson so I told them I didn't need anyone. That I'd just go back to sleep. Well I didn't, I stayed up all night and cried. Cried. Then it happened again, Dawson left my mom. So awhile later my mom got a new boyfriend, aka my stepdad"

"The one you killed?" I look at him.

He nods. "He abused us to the core... he killed my mom. That's the day I killed him. Stabbed him with a kitchen knife repeatedly. The guys were there too, killing people that got in my way" I take his hand and rub it with my thumb and smile. I can tell he's uncomfortable. "Cops found me and I got that's when I was sent to jail." Lock takes off his shirt and shows me the scars his stepdad left him.

"I'm so sorry Lock" I hug him but he doesn't hug back. I pull away. "Why did Dawson want to kill you?"

"I killed his sister and mom" he looks at me. No fucking way!

"W- why?!" I ask shocked.

"I was going to kill everyone he loved down the row. Then kill him" he looks down. "Then he hurt you" he looks up at me and puts his hand up and I flinch at it.

"Butterfly... I'm not going to hurt you ever again" he rubs my bruised cheek.

"When he hurt you I was filled with rage. I shot him" he takes his hand down.

"You didn't need to do that" I look down.

He pulls up my chin gently and looks at me "I did" he paused. "Butterfly?" he looks at me.

"Yea?" I shoot a sad smile.

"He would rape my mother. I heard it every night. EVERY night! Her screams! I-" he stands up and puts his hands behind his head. "I DID NOTHING!" he punches the wall and slides down the wall. I run towards him and hug him.

"Lock it's not your fault! What could you have done? I'm so sorry you went through that.. I am so so so sorry Lock" I pull away and pull his chin up gently. He's... he's crying! He can cry?

 he's crying! He can cry?