Chapter 34

Niall's P.O.V

I was the first person to wake up, and we had had let Riley sleep in our bed last night. We were all excited about finding out the gender of the baby today. The appointment was at nine thirty, and I could hardly wait. Riley woke up shortly after me. She hadn't even opened her eyes completely before she started talking, "Is today the day I'm big sister or a big bwother?"

"You will be a big sister no matter what. Today is the day you find out if you have little sister or a little brother." She stood up on my stomach and threw her arms up in the air, "YAY!!!" She quickly looked back at Kristen and then to me, "Oh, sowwy." She put her tiny finger up to her lips, "Shh."

"It's okay you can wake her up. We have to get ready anyways."

"Weady to go see the baby!"

"We are just going to see pictures of him. When you broke your arm we only saw pictures of your bones, and not the actual bones remember."

"Oh, okay."

"Are you still excited?"

"Yeah!"

"Wake Kristen up, and tell her how excited you are." She yelled out Kristen's name causing her to wake up and lay on her back. Riley went to jump on her to fully wake her up, but I caught her in mid air. "Let's not jump on Kristen."

"I wike jumping."

"Well we can play on the trampoline later, but we can't jump on Kristen. You would have jumped on her stomach, and it could have hurt the baby."

"I'm sowwy. I don't want to hurt the baby."

"It's okay you didn't know. You're not in trouble, but just be more careful."

"Kay. What's for bweakfast?"

"What do you want? Let me guess...pancakes."

"I was gonna say fwuit woops, but if you want to make me pancakes you can."

"You sure you don't want fruit loops?"

"Not anymore."

"Alright pancakes it is. Kristen do you want pancakes?"

"Yeah, and also pickles. That's a little weird isn't it?"

"Pickles? You are siwwy Kwisten. Pickles don't go on pancakes that's gwoss."

"I don't want them on the pancakes I just want them both."

"Well you can eat pickles while I cook pancakes." We all went into the kitchen and me and Riley started geting out all the ingredients for pancakes. She could probably make them herself if she really tried apart from actually cooking them. Riley went to the fridge and got the jar of pickles and gave it to Kristen.

"Here ya go Kwisten."

"Thanks." Kristen opened the pickles and offered one to Riley who politely declined. We had about half a jar of pickles and Kristen finished it off drinking some of the juice. I watched her drink the juice as Riley stirred the batter.

"Are you satisfied with your pickle craving?"

"Yeah. It's weird because I don't even like pickles. I've never liked pickles in my whole life."

"It seems like you like them now since you just finished off the jar."

"Sorry."

"You don't have to apologize for eating. I can get more pickles."

"Are you going to the store later?"

"I can if you want something in particular, or more pickles."

"If I think of something I'll let you know." Riley stopped stirring the batter and I stirred it a few more times just to get all the clumps out she missed. We took our time with breakfast so were scrambling to get ready to go to the doctor. Kristen kept drinking water like a camel throughout the morning, and on the way to the doctors office. We got to the doctors office and Kristen's leg was tapping in the waiting room. "Are you nervous? Why are you tapping your foot?"