Chapter 38

Niall's P.O.V.

Today was Kristen's birthday, and Riley snuck into my room lightly tapping me to wake me up. I was going to talk to her, but she held her finger up to her mouth keeping me quiet. She started walking out of the room, and motioned for me to follow her. I got out of bed without waking Kristen up, and went in the hall with Riley. She motioned for me to get down on her level, so I squatted down in front of her. She whispered, "Wet's make Kwisten bweakfast in bed."

"Okay, What do you think she wants?" I whispered back. We went in the kitchen and she stopped whispering, but kept a quiet tone.

"I fink she wants chocowate chip pancakes and bacon."

"Does she want that or do you want that?"

"Evewybody wikes pancakes and bacon not just me." She started helping me make the pancakes and wiggled her hips as she stirred.

"Riley do you have to go the bathroom?"

"No."

"Did you go when you woke up?"

"No."

"Did you have an accident last night?"

"No."

"Then you need to go to the bathroom. You can still help with the pancakes afterwards you will just need to wash your hands again. I need to go too, so I won't do anything without you. You go in the hall, and I'll go in my room. We can wash our hands in the kitchen together."

"Otay, don't wake Kwisten up." She hopped out of a chair she was standing in and ran into the bathroom. I went in my room, and when I came out of my bathroom Kristen was awake. She was starting to sit up to get out of bed. I whisper yelled at her, "NO, NO, NO!" Her eyes got wide and confused, but she stayed in bed. I walked over to her, and bent down closer to her. "Riley has planned to make you breakfast in bed. If you wake up first she will be devastated. Remember when she tried to make me cereal, but broke the bowl. Do you remember how mad she was at herself, and kept saying she ruined everything. I don't want to repeat that, so you are staying in bed. When we come in you will pretend you are asleep for the sake of Riley. We don't need another self esteem melt down." She layed back down.

"Yes sir." I lovingly pressed my lips against hers letting them linger before pulling away.

"Happy birthday by the way. Got to go back and cook now you pretend to go back to sleep."

"Wait what is she making me?"

"It's a surprise."

"She has surprised me with making me something before, and I had to eat and bologna, peanut butter, and jelly bean sandwich with cheese."

"You ate it?"

"Yeah, I didn't want to hurt her feelings. She looked so happy it was like the cake with the icing."

"She was probably just seeing if you would actually eat it. She used to do that to me all the time until I realized it and stop eating it. You fell for her trick." She shrugged her shoulders not really caring and I went back into the kitchen. Riley was standing at the sink waiting for me. We washed our hands and went back to cooking. We finished cooking and made Kristen a plate. Riley started digging through drawers pulling things out and throwing them on the floor. "Excuse me little girl what are you doing?"

"Kwisten put some weftover candles in a dwawer when we had your party when you came back home. She needs birthday candles."

"They are in this drawer. I'll get them. Pick up everything you threw on the floor please."

"Yes sir."

"Thank you." I got a candle and lit it after I stuck it in a pancake. We walked back into my room and I put Riley up on my bed. Kristen was pretending to be asleep just like she said she would be. Riley stood over Kristen's legs. "Be careful around her stomach Riley." She held her hand up to me.