[22]

Mark:

I had hoped that something would change after we talked two days ago but sadly it didn't. Jackson sometimes asked me how I was but he showed no sign of caring about the baby at all.

At least we became a little bit closer so we could talk like normal people. The things we had talked about were never mentioned again and neither did any of my friends know that I had talked to the younger.

I was pretty sure Jackson wouldn't want anyone to know that he had a soft side, too and that he had showed it to me to give me comfort which I still appreciated although this kind part of him disappeared again.

I put down the book I was reading and looked through the library.  It was nearly empty because most of the students had classes now. I was just there because I had a free period and there was nowhere I wanted to go.

Jinyoung was sick and I didn't really have other friends so I decided to stay at the library and learn for some tests. But I wasn't able to focus on anything because my thoughts were completely running around.

Especially the memories of the talk with my parents stayed in my head. It didn't really help me that they said I could live with them because I also knew that I would somehow be alone in the end.

I would have to deal with so many responsibilities and learn what my baby would need. My dad had said I would have to ask Jackson for any help if I really needed it but I wasn't sure if that would be good.

I didn't think Jackson would be a bad father at all but he didn't care about the baby and he didn't want it. Just because he accepted me, it was more than obvious that he didn't change his mind.

Of course, I was allowed to ask for Jackson's money because he was still the father but I would feel horrible to ask for his money so I could pay for something he didn't even want. I didn't want to bother him.

Hopefully I would be able to do everything without him. I was strong and maybe I was strong enough to make it. If I had luck Jinyoung or my siblings would help me a bit.

I closed the book and looked up when I heard someone sitting down on the chair opposite of mine. It was Namjoon who was giving me friendly smile. I was surprised to see him because we hadn't talked a lot during the last weeks.

"Hey. How are you two?" He asked, making me smile brightly. It was very cute that he cared about me so much and didn't leave the baby out. "We're very good. Thank you for asking." I answered.

The taller handed me a box with food which I accepted gratefully. "I thought you could need something to eat." He explained. "But this is your food." I mentioned, not wanting him to have nothing eat.

"Don't worry. Jin always gives me too much food for school. He's worried that I get hungry." The taller grinned a bit. I didn't knew his boyfriend in person but I had heard a lot of him and I knew he was very caring.

"So how's Jackson?" I asked him and started to eat the food which Namjoon's boyfriend had cooked. It tasted amazing. The younger raised his eyebrows, probably surprised about the question.

"He's good, surprisingly calm if you ask me. But that's good for all of us. He hasn't had trouble during the last days. But he doesn't tell me what's up with him." He told me and stole some of the food.

I didn't expect that. What had happened to Jackson that he was so calm? I only knew him aggressive when he was in school so I was really surprised that he seemed to be in a good mood.

"Maybe he has a crush on someone." I suggested and kept on eating. The blonde didn't actually seem like someone who fell in love or had crushes but I had seen him together with a girl yesterday and they seemed very very close.

"Hopefully he'll tell me soon because his good mood starts to scare me." Namjoon started to laugh and I couldn't stop myself from laughing too, making the few people around us stare at us.

I looked at the taller and suddenly, I remembered something Jinyoung had asked me last week. Maybe it was a good time to come up with this now. Who knew when I would get the chance again?

"Namjoon? Can I ask you something?" I began the conversation. The other looked at me and nodded. "Of course. What is it?" He asked back. "Why do you care about me and the baby so much?"

Hi people!

I know there's been a long break but Christmas preparations take a lot of time but I'll work hard and update more.

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading 💙