[40]

Mark:

I woke up, buried my face in the soft pillow I had slept on and pulled the blanket closer around my body. Everything was so warm and I wished that I would never have to get up but unluckily I had to.

I slowly opened my eyes and smiled when I felt Jackson's warm hand still laying on my belly. His thumb was softly stroking over the bump under my shirt. He breathed calmly and was most likely sleeping.

I carefully pushed the blanket of my body and got out of his very comfortable bed. The warmth slowly left my body and I shivered a bit when my feet met the cold floor of his room.

I silently walked out of the room and made sure that I wouldn't wake Jackson up. I actually wanted to stay in bed but the baby was laying on a disadvantageous place which forced me to go to the bathroom.

I quickly walked over the hallway in the bathroom and locked the door. Luckily, I was the only one awake and no one had been in there what gave me the chance to take care of my business.

I washed my hands once I was done an looked at myself in the mirror and was pretty surprised. My hair was nearly black because I wasn't allowed to dye it because of the baby. I hadn't really noticed before.

I washed my face with cold water and brushed my teeth which was my usual morning routine. I knew that I still had time before I had to get ready but who knew when Jackson and his family would need the bathroom.

I dried my face with a towel before I left the bathroom to get back into Jackson's room. Actually, I could also go in my room but I had to admit that I wanted to stay with him for some more time.

I walked back into the bedroom and over to Jackson's bed. It was definitely too early to get ready for school so I decided that I would just stay here in his comfortable bed and enjoy the warmth around me.

I was about to lay down again when I saw something looking out under the mattress. It looked like a piece of paper or something. What could that be? And what did it do under the mattress?

I carefully pulled it out. Was there something Jackson wanted to hide? I doubted he would put something under his mattress if it wasn't something that no one should get to see. But unfortunately, my curiosity got the best of me.

I turned the paper around and was more than surprised to see an ultrasound picture, mine to be exact. It was the one I had given him in hope that he would start to get feelings for our baby.

A smile grew on my face. He hadn't thrown it away. Instead, he had hidden it under his mattress. I couldn't exactly say why but the fact that he still had it made me happy and gave me hope for our little family.

The sound of a blanket being thrown aside made me look to Jackson who must have woken up during the last minutes. He still looked a little bit sleepy and his hair was extremely messy.

He yawned loudly and stretched the back of his neck. "Morning." I said happily what made him look up. "Morning." He mumbled tiredly. I smiled a bit and sat down on the other side of the bed.

The blonde silently looked at me for a moment when the picture in my hands caught his gaze. "Where did you find this?" He asked me nervously and suddenly seemed completely awake.

"I found it under your mattress when I came back from the bathroom. Why did you hide it there? Because of your parents?" I told him. He looked at me and nodded slowly. A small blush appeared on his cheeks.

"Mainly yes. But also because of the guys. They know about the baby but I didn't want anyone to know that I was starting to get interested in the baby. They would have put me under pressure." He sighed.

"It's not like I didn't want to tell you that I want to take care for your baby. I just wanted to get ready myself before telling you." He explained. I completely understood what he was talking about.

I had been in a similar situation. In the beginning, I also hadn't told anyone because I wanted to make things clear myself although Jinyoung had already found it out without my help.

"I completely understand you and it's better that you've waited until you got ready for everything. We are sure what we want to do and we can work together." I smiled and placed my hand on his.

The younger looked at me for some moments before he took my hand in his and gave me a little smile. I knew that there would be hard times in the future but I also knew that we were on a good way to become friends.

This chapter turned out to be fluffy again. I'm not entirely sure for how long it will stay all fluffy and when (or if) it will get angsty again.

We'll see, we'll see.

I hoped you liked this chapter :)

Thank you for reading 💙