[32]

Jackson:

I sat in the living room while my mother was running around like crazy. She wanted everything to be perfect when Mark came today. I had to admit that she definitely overreacted.

"Mom, just sit down. I know you want everything to be perfect but I don't want to impress him. He just comes here because you wanted him to." I sighed heavily because of mom's actions.

She had cleaned the whole house and even cooked food for him just in case would be hungry. I had tried to tell her that all this wasn't necessary but she didn't listen to me and kept on preparing everything.

"I know, I know. But this nice boy is having our grandchild and I want to make a good impression." She told me and placed a bottle of fresh orange juice and glasses on the living room table.

"Well, if you really think this is necessary. Then go ahead." I got up from the sofa. "Where are you going?" My mother stopped in her actions and ran a hand through her long brown hair.

I grabbed the keys of my car and put on my leather jacket. "I'm picking up Mark. He has a doctor's appointment today and it would be too far to walk so he asked me to pick him up." I explained.

My mother crossed her arms and I looked at her in confusion. "You're not going to the doctor with him? It's your child. You should accompany him." She told me and I didn't know what to say at first.

"He didn't ask me to come. So why should I?" I asked and leaned against the doorframe. The short woman in front of me sighed. "Jackson, you're the father of this child. You could show interest." She said.

"But mom, I'm not interested. The child isn't born yet. I can start caring after Mark gives birth." I simply told her. She wanted me to be a father and that was exactly what I wanted to do when the baby was there.

"Oh Jacks, you still have to learn a lot. Being a father starts with the pregnancy. It's your task to take care of the one who's having the child. His health is important for the baby's heath." She explained to me.

I just nodded in response because there was nothing more I could say. My mother had a point, at least in her view. It wouldn't make sense to argue with her at the moment. And I also had to go now.

"We can talk about this later. I have to go before Mark gets mad because I'm too late. And he gets mad very fast." I kissed my mom on her cheek and left the house. I entered my car and started the engine.

The way to the doctor gave me some time to think about the coming meeting of my mother and Mark. I wondered what they would talk about and if they would even like each other.

Mom would probably love him. The older boy was a kind of human my mother loved. As far as I knew, he was nice and polite, even a little bit shy. My mom would most likely treat him like her own son.

On the other side, I couldn't imagine how Mark would like my mother. She was very outgoing and he was the complete opposite of her. I didn't know if wanted them to get along or not.

If they got along, I would have to see the pregnant boy more often and he would probably be at our house a lot. But actually, I would also have to see him a lot because my mother wanted me to take care of him.

I parked the car in front of the doctor's office and waited for the older boy to come out which didn't take long. He looked around before he spotted my car and hesitantly got in.

"Hello Jackson." Mark said slowly and I looked in his direction. "Hello." I answered after a short moment. The silence was a bit uncomfortable and I thought about what I could say to break it.

"How's the baby?" I asked. The brown-haired looked at me in suprise but smiled a bit before he looked down at his belly which was already showing because he just wore a simple shirt.

"It's fine. Thank you for asking." He softly rubbed his belly and I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the sight. He looked so happy, even cute and I could clearly see that he truly loved his baby.

I quickly shook my head to make myself up from my thoughts. Hopefully he hadn't noticed me staring at him. "Can we go?" I asked him and he nodded before he put on his seat belt.

I looked at his belly for a moment before I started the car and drove to my house. No one could say how this was going to end today bit I just hoped that this afternoon wouldn't cause more problems.

Hello fellow human beings!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I know it's not really the best but I think the chapters get better (and longer?) later on.

Thank you for reading 🖤