[76]

Mark:

I had been able to leave the hospital after two days because the doctors were absolutely sure that the baby wasn't on the way yet. And I had decided that I would definitely stay at home from now on.

Of course, it was a little bit boring to be at home while Jackson was in school but Sophia allowed me to invite my family or friends over whenever I wanted. Even if she was at home.

Jackson brought the material from school home for me and he had even offered to tutor me but it turned out that not all subjects were his thing so Namjoon and Jinyoung came over on some days.

I was alone at the moment. Jackson was in school and his parents were at work. It was a sunny Monday morning and I had decided to spend some time in the backyard instead of sitting in my room all the time.

Luckily, Jackson had helped to get downstairs before he went to school so I wouldn't have to walk the stairs by myself. Not that I couldn't move without any help but it took me much longer alone.

I spent most of the time with reading, watching YouTube videos or listening to music. I had even started to draw although I wasn't that skilled. But drawing was a good way to kill some time.

I listened to the branches of the tree moving in the wind while my pen moved over the paper on the table. I was just drawing random symbols but it calmed me down and helped against my boredom.

My eyes moved to the clock which I could see through the kitchen window. Jackson would come home in less than 30 minutes. I sighed and kept on drawing hearts and circles on the paper.

Last year I would have been extremely happy if someone had told me that I was allowed to stay at home instead of going to school. But now I hadn't been at school for a week and I slowly feared I would die out of boredom.

I closed my notebook and got up from the chair. The wind was getting a bit colder and I started to freeze a bit. I decided that it was better to go inside and drink something warm like tea or hot chocolate.

I grabbed my things and walked back into the house where I made placed the things on the living room table before I walked into the kitchen where I prepared hot water for my tea.

My eyes moved to the calendar on the opposite wall. It was early March, the 3rd to be exact. I couldn't believe that the time was passing so incredibly fast. My due date was the 24th. Only three more weeks.

Actually, the baby could be born any second. My midwife had told me that it wasn't unusual that a baby was born some days before or after the planned due date. I was nervous but ready.

My mom and I had bought a crib and a buggy yesterday. Both were standing in my room and Jackson's father had promised me that he would build the crib up when he came home later.

I had even chosen the first outfit my little girl would wear when she was born just in case she would suddenly decide that it was a good time to enter this world. I couldn't wait for this to happen.

My tea was finally ready and I grabbed my cup before I walked over to the living room. It had started to rain outside. Hopefully Jackson had taken an umbrella with him because his mom had needed the car for work.

I sat down on the sofa and turned on the TV. It had been so quiet in the house and I didn't like complete silence. I leaned back and looked at the TV where a middle-aged man was announcing the news.

I didn't really pay attention to the stuff the man was saying. Instead I grabbed my phone to check if someone had texted me. I had two new messages. One from Jackson and one from Youngjae.

Youngjae had simply wished me a good day and told me that he missed me in school. And Jackson asked me if he should get Pizza for us so we wouldn't have to cook. I quickly replied with a "Yes!".

I nearly dropped my phone when a strong wave of pain ran through my body. A contraction. I took a deep breath and started to massage my belly hoping that it would help me to relax again.

My last contractions had been four days ago. Sometimes they randomly appeared every ten minutes and usually disappeared after an hour. The first was pretty painful but the following were bearable.

I really wondered how it would feel when I actually went into labor. Tao had already told that it hurt a lot and for me, the contractions were already pretty painful. Hopefully I wouldn't have to endure them too long.

A small smile appeared on my lips when I felt my little girl moving. I pulled my shirt up and stroke over my skin. "Hey there my angel. Seems like you're awake." I said happily while she kept on kicking me.

She was extremely active during the last days and I always felt how she was moving what tickled a lot sometimes. I had found out that she was getting into the right position for the birth.

It was fascinating that I could even see her movements under my skin and how she managed it to kick exactly against mine or someone else's hand. Especially Jin always got very emotional.

Namjoon's boyfriend and I had become very good friends during my pregnancy and he visited me sometimes. He always brought a little present for the baby with him when he came over.

I flinched when I suddenly heard the door getting closed. Footsteps came from the hallway over to the living room and then Jackson walked in. "Relax. It's just me." He said chuckling.

I pulled my shirt down and my body relaxed again. The blonde male came over and placed two pizza boxes on the table before he walked out of the room again and place his leather jacket and shoes on the next to the door.

He came back a moment later and sat down next to me. "How was your day?" I asked him and grabbed one of the boxes from the table. Jackson took the other one and started to eat his pizza.

"It was alright. Just the normal boring stuff. So don't worry, you didn't miss anything interesting. What about yours?" The younger male asked me back and looked at me while he kept on eating.

I nodded a bit. "Mine was extremely boring. I had a huge breakfast, watched cartoons and sat in the backyard. Luckily, you only had four classes today." I said with small chuckle and took a bite of my pizza.

We ate in silence except of the guy on the TV who kept on talking about the weather tomorrow. I could see that Jackson was deep in his thoughts. It seemed like he had something that bothered him.

I heard him taking a deep breath what made me look at him. He slowly placed his pizza box on the table again before he turned to face me properly. "Mark? Can we talk?" He asked hesitantly.

I was a bit surprised because of his sudden question. "Of course." I answered and put my box next to his. Jackson took a deep breath. I really wondered what he wanted to talk about.

IZ*ONE's disbandment kinda makes me depressed and I didn't feel like writing sorry!

Thank you for reading ♡