1-The Arrival

I take a deep breath in. And out. This is it. I am actually moving to LA!

I step out of my sister's car and grab my luggage from her trunk. I step onto the sidewalk of JFK, awaiting my long journey. My dad comes out along with my sister. My dad grabs his luggage and meets me on the sidewalk. My sister comes around the car and stands in front of us, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She's gonna make me cry oh no.

"Ava stop don't cry!!" I say to her. I pull her into a deep hug, silently crying myself.

"I can't help it! I'm going to miss you so much!" She says into the hug.

"You're leaving to go back to college in two months anyway! It'll be okay I promise."

"Promise?" She asks, looking at me and lifting her pinky up.

"I promise" I say, linking my pinky with hers.

Pinky promises may seem childish, but it's always been our thing. It's our sister bond. Everything is stored in a pinky promise.

"I'm here too you know!" my dad says loudly. He is coming with me for a week to help me get settled. Then he comes back to New York for work. He's a firefighter, so he can't leave for that long.

"Sorry dad, I'll miss you too. See you in a week" my sister chuckles, giving him a giant hug.

"I'll miss you more Puddles" he tells her.

"You guys better get going. I don't want you to miss your flight, even though I secretly do"

"Wooow" I laugh, "you're right. I love you so much Ava, see you soon babe" I tell my sister, hugging her again. My dad joins in on the hug and we just stay like that for another minute. I'm gonna miss this.

We walk inside, waving bye to Ava one last time before we head to security. It takes forever, especially because it's JFK. All other airport security isn't as dreadful as this one.

As soon as it's over, we walk to our gate and put our stuff down. I head over to a Starbucks and get my favorite drink: a venti sweetened passion tango iced tea lemonade. It's the absolute best! I go back to the seats so my dad can use the bathroom while I watch our stuff.

We board in about 20 minutes. I decide to use the time wisely: scrolling through twitter. I see a tweet from Aidan Alexander that I was tagged in

"Can't wait to see you! @AmeliaEvans"

I tweet back

"Super excited! See ya soon bro @aidan"

Aidan and I were cast as the leads to a new MTV show. It's my first acting gig so I'm super nervous. I still don't know why I was picked out of so many people. I went to the open call and received a call saying I had a callback two days later and here I am now. I met Aidan once and he was really sweet. I have a feeling we are going to be great friends.

My dad comes back and asks what I'm doing and I show him the tweet. He smiles and I know he is proud of me. I have a fear of disappointing my family. Not that they care so much about doing everything with perfection. I just want to make them proud.

We hear someone over the loud speaker saying our flight is now boarding. We get up and stand on the line to board. There's no turning back now. My dreams are coming true!