32- Surprise!

I was about to facetime Grayson but I remember it's 3 am there. I really wish he was back in California with me. Two more days Lia. Two more days.

The whole ride to LAX was dreadful. I kept trying to think of what the surprise could be. Maybe Jenna came to visit! No she wouldn't come alone. Maybe all my friends came! No that's expensive. Maybe Grayson's home early! No why would Jenna know. Maybe my dad and sister came to visit! No my dad just left and my sister doesn't like California out of spite of me always talking about it when I was younger. I'm stumped. I have no idea what is happening.

I finally get to the pick up area and call Jenna.

"Hey i'm here"

"Ok just get out of your car and stay there" she says and hangs up. Well that was insightful. I get out of my car and just lean against its side, facing the doors that lead inside. I'm playing on my phone when I hear someone yell my name. I look up and see Jenna, followed by Sophia, Hailey, and Sammy. The whole crew. If only Isabelle was here too but she's not in this group. I nearly drop my phone and run over to them. They drop their luggages and we all do a giant group hug. God I've missed their faces.

Jenna is 100% Irish. She has short dark brown, curly hair with these amazing blue eyes. She is covered in freckles and is really tall. I never stop laughing when I'm with her.

Sophia is Cuban and Irish. She has light brown hair with caramel eyes. She's always one of those girls that stood out in our group. We always said she dressed like she knew she was better than everyone but tried to keep it lowkey and we dressed like we knew she was better than us. I always thought she would be the famous one.

Hailey is so many ethnicities. She has short brown hair and brown eyes. She does Irish dance so her legs are to die for. I was the first person she came out to and she was the first person I told about my mom. We trust each other with everything.

Sammy is German and Irish. She has orange brown hair and brown eyes. She also has the best jawline I've ever seen, on a girl at least. I don't think she can compete with Ethan and Grayson. She's really shy and she's that one person in the group everyone blames everything on. She's honestly the sweetest person you will ever meet in your life.

We all grew up together. Jenna and Hailey are my neighbors so we've known each other since birth. I met Sophia in pre-k and Sammy in kindergarten. We all went to the same school together and graduated together. Jenna, Sammy, and I went to the same high school while Hailey and Sophia went to high schools in the city. We all went to Catholic schools so it's hard to hang out but we would get together almost every weekend to catch up. Now we all just talk in a group chat everyday since we can't hang out every weekend obviously. But here we all are together, in LA, still best friends since day one. They're the people that have stuck by me through thick and thin.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask them, still in shock.

"We came to see you!" Hailey tells me. I give them individual hugs and lead them to my car. All the luggage can't fit in the trunk so they are forced to stick some of it in the back seat. Jenna jumps in the front with me so she isn't trapped with the luggage and the rest go in the back.

"Was it really expensive coming here though? Do you guys want me to pay for some of it?"

"Shut up Lia! We all have money from our jobs and we saved it up to come see you!" Sophia tells me.

"Wait since when did Sammy get a job?" I ask them.

"Actually I don't have one. My parents just paid for it because all of you guys would be here and they didn't want me to be lonely for the next week." she tells me and we laugh. Wait did she say week?

"YOU GUYS ARE STAYING FOR A WEEK?" I yell.

"Yep! A whooooole week!" Hailey tells me and we all cheer.

I couldn't be happier.