Rey

I felt the cold floor pressed against my right cheek as I gained my senses.. My body hurting like hell.. My hair spread across my face in a careless manner though they were tied in a high ponytail.. I didn't immediately open my eyes, imagining the things I would see in the surroundings when I will open them.. I analysed as many things as I could with my eyes closed..

I tried to hear any voices or any movements..

The silence penetrated through my ears.. The calming silence had something in it which made it seem mysterious and dangerous.. Silence was something I loved.. But this one was different.. It was suffocating..

My instincts told me that I was in trouble and hell they were always freaking right.. I had always trusted them no matter what and they never let me down..

As I had no other option than to open my eyes, I slowly opened them and my first reflex was to bring the back of my palm covering my eyes from the torturous light spread in the room.

I lowered my eyes to the ground and saw the rock floor which I was laying on a moment before.

The next thing I saw was a pair of shoes approaching me and my nerves got the best of me.. Holding his leg, I pulled him causing his head hit on the ground as he was unaware of my intentions..

Always do the unexpected..

I quickly got up pulling out a Swiss knife from my ankle holder stabbing it on his chest. I missed the heart by few inches.

I felt someone behind me and I didn't look back..

Looking at the opponent takes time and gives him time.. Attacks without looking at them are the best ones.. That's what I was taught..

I tried to stab him with the knife in my hand covered in the red blood of god knows who, He impressively blocked my hand getting hold of it and twisting it. He held my hand to my back causing me to drop the knife as he pushed my elbow further up on my back.

I didn't wince at the pain I was actually feeling.

The person was strong.. I tried to get myself free but his grip was like a band of steel.. Firm and strong.. I could feel heat radiating from him.. My heartbeat was raged because of the actions I just did.. I was gasping for breath but I didn't wince..

The strong smell of mint cedarwood, and vanilla if I am not mistaken, filled my senses..

"They were right.." I heard a voice which made me freeze where I was.. There was something in his voice.. It was calm yet commanding..

Normal yet threatening..

Cold yet burning..

Something was in his voice..

I wanted to hear it again.. That's what I knew..

"Fearless and courageous.." He said fulfilling my wish to hear him..

My heart rate picked up it's pace again..

"No smart move.. I suppose I can trust you on this.." He said in his deep voice leaving my hand.

He didn't need to tell me that.. I was so taken by his presence and voice that I couldn't move even if I wanted to..

He pushed me down to the ground by holding my shoulders.