I Am Safe With You

DAMION'S POV.

I walked to the office with Douglas and Steiner. Blocking away all her words and the little argument I had there with Argyl, I opened the door to see Spivak sitting in front of the desk with Will standing beside him.

He heard us coming and immediately stood up.

"Rey." He bowed down his head.

I gave him a curt nod and walked to my chair sitting on it facing him.

His brown eyes were cast down, blonde hair sweaty. I could see sweat bids on his forehead. His hands shaking a little and he was trying hard not to loose it in front of me.

He was scared for life and my gaze on him wasn't helping in any case.

"You were keeping an eye on Erik." I stated.

He nodded still looking down.

"I want to know about him." I said.

"I have a-already t-told everything to K-Kenneth." He stuttered.

I leaned forward on the table clasping my hands together.

"Mind voicing it out again?" I snapped in a calm voice.

He shook his head.

"Good." I said.

"He, he has something going on. He is planning something. I don't know what yet but he surely is. Jeremiah is almost out of the town. And when he returns they both spend days in the office." He said.

"Anything else?" Ken asked entering the office.

He nodded.

"He has asked his men to keep an eye on the girl from the fight." He said setting me into sudden rage.

My calm composure became alarmed and I wanted to shoot Erik right then.

I clenched my fists under the table.

"Why?" Douglas asked.

"I don't k-know that. He j-just has." He said.

"Does he doubt you?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"I am always in the shadows Rey." He said.

I nodded.

I looked at Douglas giving him a curt nod.

"I guess we will see you tomorrow again. You can go rest." Douglas said.

Spivak mumbled a quick 'Rey' and got up walking quickly out of the room.

I looked at my men.

"Rey, what do you think he is planning?" Will asked.

"Something which is not good." I replied.

"And about Ara?" Ken said.

"I don't want to talk about it Ken."

"Act like we believe him. Keep an eye on him too. Find out where Jeremiah goes." I said to Douglas.

He nodded.

"We are done here." I said getting up from my chair. I walked out of the room closing the door behind me.

The information he gave spinning in my mind.

Erik was planning something really smart. I knew he wouldn't take the blame of breaking the truce on himself. He won't be bad in front of the whole world.