Our War

ARGYL'S POV.

The drive to the Empire was silent. Silent as in dead silent. I was in the car with Damion. Ken and Douglas in other car.

Damion's grip on the steering wheel was so tight that his knuckles had turned white. His eyes stayed glued to the road. I could feel anger radiating from him.

I failed to understand what was going in his mind since few days.

He wasn't the same. He was angry. He was disturbed. I wanted to comfort him. I wanted him to tell me what was wrong with him.

He didn't speak a word since we left the arena. I didn't know what was going on. But it was bad. Really bad. The way Damion was reacting, it was scaring me.

"Damion?" I spoke in a small voice.

Either he didn't really hear me or he ignored.

I closed my eyes taking in a deep breath.

I didn't want to give into anger that moment.

"Damion?" I voiced out again this time a little louder, placing my hand on his.

He eyes snapped momentarily at me.

He raised a questioning eyebrow slightly.

"What is going on?" I asked.

He shook his head microscopically.

"Don't give me your nothing. I am tired of it." I snapped before he could say 'nothing' as always.

He didn't say anything. He kept driving. The car speeding. I closed my eyes again.

Deep breaths Ara. Be patient.

Being patient was never my thing.

"Damion." I called out again.

He didn't say anything again.

"Stop the car." I said trying to imitate his authoritative voice.

Still I couldn't draw any reaction out of him. His eyes stayed on the road, spilling fire, his grip on steering wheel tight as ever.

"Damion stop it. Stop this." I snapped.

Which made him take a sharp turn and the car came to halt at the side of the road. In the middle of nowhere.

He looked at me. His eyes were furious. So alive that I felt the sudden urge to look away. The intensity in them so more that I couldn't look. But I forced my eyes to stay on his.

"What is going on?" I asked for hundredth time in last week.

He clenched his jaw closing his eyes.

"It's no-"

"Don't!" I snapped before he could complete his sentence.

"Stop acting like it's all fine. Cause I know it is not. I know how you are behaving since past few days. I know something is terribly wrong Damion. Tell me what is it. I am done with this."

He looked at me. Fire still burning in his blue eyes. 

"What? What you want to know Argyl?" He snapped.

"Everything. Everything that is bothering you." I replied.

"Erik came after the fight." He started, his voice forced out to be calm and controlled.

I looked at him waiting for him to continue. When he didn't, I unbuckled the seat belt crawling onto his lap facing him.

He stared at me. Silently. Without protesting.