You Are The Star In My Dark Sky

I fell on the ground with a loud thud, pain shooting through my body again.

Ken quickly knelt down helping me to get up on my feet again.

"Are you okay?" He asked worry lacing his voice.

I managed to nod.

"I thought you would easily avoid the kick." He said looking at me to confirm I wasn't hurt much.

"My mind was somewhere else." I said shaking my head.

"Focus Ara. Focus." He said holding my shoulders.

"Let's try again eh?" He asked and I nodded getting back on my stance.

I nodded. He threw a punch in my direction and I dodged it and in a moment another punch came in my direction and I leaned sideways avoiding it and smacked a punch on his face.

He swore loudly looking at me.

"Good." He said as he again gained his balance.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Let's start with knives."

I nodded as he took out the knives.

Our practice continued for the whole day. This was the schedule since past few days. It was tiring. We didn't attack each other with knife purposely but we both had few cuts on our hands and I had one at the base of my neck.

The pain in my body was taking over all my senses and it made me feel alive.

I enjoyed these all practices more than anything. Ken was really good at fighting and it was really fun to practice with him.

For some time, the guards came circling us watching our practices cheering loud for both of us and that made me feel like I was in the ring.

Douglas came down asking them to get back to the work, "Damion's orders." He said.

We were sitting down on the ground breathing hard at the end of the day.

He offered me water and I quickly drank it quickly.

"Tired?" He asked.

I nodded.

"But I enjoy this." I said.

He smiled.

"Of course you do."

"Ken?" I said.

He looked towards me sideways.

"You used to fight right?" I asked.

His face turned passive as he nodded.

"I used to fight at the Cruel."

"Then?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"I stopped under certain circumstances." He said.

I didn't push him further. He didn't want to talk about it and I wasn't anyone to force him to speak up.

I dropped the topic.

"Why did you agreed to fight this?" I asked.

"I can do anything for Damion. He needed me and I will fight for my Rey." He replied his eyes showing total devotion.

Damion had this effect on everyone.

Anyone would agree to do any damn thing on his single word.

It was nice to see this kind of faith on him, his men had. They would jump off the cliff at his command happily. They would do anything he has ordered.