Broken Pieces

Argyl's POV.

I couldn't stop the smile that came on my face. I bit my lower lip controlling myself from grinning widely.

He asked me to have a fight!

He knows how much it means to me. He knows that.

I nodded.

His smirk widened. He looked over Ken who looked surprised as well as worried.
Damion nodded his way they both speaking something wordlessly.

He walked to a chair placed in the corner taking off his black suit.
A grey shirt lied beneath it.
I watched him unbutton few upper buttons and roll him sleeves up to his elbows showing off his perfect forearms.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment shooing off all my thoughts.

I needed to concentrate. The fight, I needed to win.

You don't accept defeats Ara. You win!

I convinced myself over and over again with my eyes closed and my mind fully ready to fight.

I can win this! I had full faith in me and I know no one can stop me but myself. And I wasn't willing to stop myself.

I opened my eyes letting out a deep breath. I saw him looking at me as his cracked his neck stretching it from side to side and then cracking his fingers and loosening up his body. The whole time his eyes were fixed on me.

Every thought from my mind vanished when I looked into his eyes.

His eyes were a perfect shade of blue. Unique, but electrifying. The quite glassy texture that his crystal blue orbs had can hold anyone in cage. The intensity in them is juts overwhelming.

He rounded his shoulders before closing his eyes for a moment and then opening it to meet mine.

He took a confident step forward. And other. He walked slowly approaching me.

The people around us were silent. It was different than when I fought Kenneth. Right now, we could even hear a pin dropping on the ground.

My heart beats were running the marathon again and in the silence around us, I was afraid he would hear them.

My fingers searched for knife to spin it. But the weapons weren't allowed in the ring. And I respect the rules of the ring.

This ring had given me everything. It had given me a way to find myself and disrespecting it was the last thing I wanted to do. Ever.

I tightened my hold on my own wrist trying to stabilise myself. Shivers ran down my spine as he stopped in front of me looking right into my eyes. As if he could see through all the lies, All the masks, All the guards. As if he could see the real me.

The real Argyl.

That scared me. It always had.
I was always afraid to open up in front of anyone. I always kept my walls high. Protecting myself. May be protecting them from myself.

He stopped right in front of before sticking his hand out for shake as a formality before starting the fight.

I put my hand in his my eyes not leaving his. He gripped my hand tight giving it a firm shake. His thumb and fingers wrapped around mine perfectly. His thumb slowly rubbed across the bruised knuckles.

I looked down at our hands and they looked like a perfect sculpture created with a lot of efforts.

I couldn't help but wonder how perfect my bruised hand looked in his strong ones.

He tightened his grip around my hand catching my attention. I moved my eyes from our hands to look at his face.

His eyes silently questioned me if I was ready.