Breathe

I slept all day. All frickin day! Nobody decided to wake me up? I wake up and it's 3:00 p.m. Who sleeps that long? I went to bed on a right time right? Why!

I got up and ran out of the room. Nobody was here. I checked all the rooms and I realized, I was alone.

My ankle doesn't hurt for some reason. I don't feel any pain right now. Something must be going on. Is it a trick? Are they hiding? Or did they just leave me.

'Bang!' I turn around and hear something in the room. I hate being left alone. I have seen too many scary movies.

'Thud!' Something fell behind me. I turn around and the kitchen fridge was open. I turn back around by my room and start to walk.

I know that people who go and check things out in the movies are stupid and shouldn't but I felt like I wasn't myself. I felt like someone else was controlling me.

My heart was beating fast and I hated the suspense. I was so scared that I couldn't go any farther. Chris's parents door closed and I freaked. I jumped on the couch and put a blanket on me.

Wait, what is a blanket going to do? "Oh if I have a blanket on, nothing will get me!" I whisper to myself. Something was going on because nobody was home. I made sure of that.

I got up and grew some balls. I went to the kitchen closed the fridge door and picked what fell down.

I went to my room and the closet door was open but when I got up it was shut. That's probably what the bang was.

I closed my door and moved to Chris's parent room. I was getting scared again. I wasn't for the others but this, I didn't know what was going on.

"Breathe Lacy, just breathe." I tried helping myself. Wasn't working. I slowly put my hand on the door and turned the knob.

I started opening it but it wasn't opening. I let it stay closed because I didn't want whatever it was to get angry.

"Lacy." I heard a whisper. "Lacy turn around." and that's when I froze. I never heard this voice before. I started shaking. I couldn't handle this anymore.

"Lacy, Turn." it sounded angry. I didn't budge. "Turn!" it yelled and I screamed of fright. -

"Lacy! Are you okay?" Brent came in my room. Oh, it was just a dream. Well.. nightmare. I nodded and looked at him. He looked frightened or scared. I couldn't tell.

"I had a nightmare. Sorry." and he shook his head. "You did too?" And I looked up. "What do you mean?" and he grinned. "I had one until I heard someone screamed and I got up to check on you." and I nodded.

"Thank you." and he smiled. "Anything for you." and I smiled back. "He started to leave but I stopped him. "Brent?" and he turned around. "Yeah Lacy?" And I was thinking on what to say.

"Will you stay here with me?" and he looked down and was thinking about it. "Sure." and I moved over so he could lay down. "What about Chris and all of them, What will they think?" and I thought for a moment. "I'll just talk to them for you." and he nodded.

We both fell asleep and I didn't get scared. No nightmares happened and I didn't wake up. Brent helped me. And I couldn't thank him enough. I just don't know what to say if the others get the wrong idea.

I'll just slightly tell them the truth. I mean, I'm not gonna lie because why should I? Nothing was going on.