best

"Honey, are you alright?" Stacy ran in engulfing me in a bare hug. My head was pounding at the sudden movement and I think she noticed when she backed off.

"Hey, I'm fine, thanks." I quietly spoke. My voice shaky and I felt like I couldn't trust it, but I had to. "Lacy, hi." I looked over at Chris who just spoke.

My smile was the biggest as it felt. "Hello, Chris." He chuckled softly. It was nice seeing him again. It doesn't really matter though, I haven't been gone for a while so..

"I know it's too early and I'm sorry for asking you this but, you need to tell us what happened or you're going to have to tell it to the police." I seen his frown immediately. The fright in his voice was powerful and sort of frightened me.

"Chris, not now." Stacy's face was filled with worry. The same face since she has walked in here.

"We need her to talk, mom." He had a tone I couldn't describe on him. His leg was thumping on the ground making an echo in the room. He was getting antsy, I know this move.

"Chris." He looked at me like I was angelic. The best look he has ever payed attention to me with. His eyes were filled with sadness, something I have never seen him have.

Yes I have seen him sad but, not like this. His hand grabbed mine, with his soft rubbing on my index finger. He smiled as good as he could but it didn't work as well. "Yes, love?"

My heart was thumping, my body went warm, my stomach in a garden full of butterflies. My mind couldn't process from the sudden change I wasn't used to. His touch made me feel... Special.

"U-m w-ell, I can tell yo-u gu-ys as much th-at I kno-w." I tried my hardest to act normal but my body was rejecting. Stacy nodded and Chris's grip tightened.

"I just, I need to go back home." It slipped out. I called their home, home. "You want me to call your mother before she gets here? Because I can easily tell her you-" she miss understood me.

"No, I meant your house.." My voice faded. The look of happiness spread across her face as she rubbed my hair out of my face. She was my second mother for real. What would I do without her?

"The doctor said you could leave whenever you felt okay but it would be better if you stayed longer and rested. You took a hard fall in the shower. You are lucky Maria found you out and cold like a light or you might have been gone." She teared up.

My body froze. Maria was there? she "found" me? Then the puzzle was brought together. Maria did all of this.