Possibility

Stacy's POV

Man, was I tired. Everything has been so messed up lately. Lacy and her accident, my garden, having Maria stay here for a couple nights, Karisma and modeling.. Ugh.

I let out a big breath as I plopped down on my bed. What. A. Week.

'BAM'!

I jolted up as I hear the front door slam. My heart jumped out of my chest.

"Hello?" I shout making sure it's someone I should know.

"It's me Mother." Chris checked in with me while shutting his bedroom door. I wasn't sure why he came home. He was supposed to be staying at the hospital with Lacy.

Poor thing.. Is anybody there with her? Should I go instead? I am pooped out but sleeping can wait.. She needs somebody. And that somebody can be me.

-----At The Hospital-----

Lacey's POV

"Ms. Conroe, somebody is here to see you." The nurse came in and stood by my bed.

I nodded because my voice was weak. I felt numb from what had happened with me and the one person I had the most love for. He meant the world to me. Does he even understand that?

My thoughts were cut off when a figure walked in in the corner of my eye.

Looking up I seen a beautiful lady. Her hair short and brunette. For as of right now, she was technically my mother. She kind of felt like it as well.

"Hey honey." She waved a small motion. I grinned at her and looked down before she sees a tear slip away.

"Awh, love..." She moved closer and sat next to me on the bed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Sometimes, things happen in life that we are not so sure about. Whatever happened, I know is going to either be fixed or is just meant to be the way it happened." Stacy was focusing on me.

I gave a small smile and looked at her with tears in my eyes.

She wiped them with her bare hands. Soft and delicate.

"Do you mind if I ask you, what happened with you and my son?" She gave me full attention just waiting for my answer.

I let out a breath and tried my best not to burst.

"Chris and I were having a cute moment, until he asked me what happened when I had fell.." I looked at her making sure she got what I was saying.

She nodded so I carried on, "But here is the thing... He didn't believe my response and blew up in my face. After that, he left." I cried a little more in her arms as they were there for comfort.

"Shh.. there there." She patted my back and rubbed her hand in a circle on my upper right shoulder.

"Now, what was it he didn't believe?" Her voice was so soothing and nice. By the way she talked made my anxiety slow down just a bit.

It took me a minute to gain the courage to tell her the news that had been rejected before. But, it had to happen.

"My reasoning was that..." I trailed off stumbled upon fear.

"Was that, Maria had got me into this mess." I looked at her. My face showed fear and seriousness. I was terrified of her response, knowing it had been rejected already by someone I had truly cared about.