Chapter 17: Little Did She Know

It's Saturday and my brother was teaching me how to drive.

We're driving on a highway when he mentioned that I was pretty good at driving back then. I was just being stubborn all the way the lessons but he told me I'm a pretty fast learner.

After he taught me, we went straightly to our Architecture Company and visited our parents. People was greeting us, especially those girls who's hooking up with Akihiro. Is he that attractive?

Until I got bored. All I was doing? I'm just sitting on a couch here on my brother's office. Totally bored.

Then, each scenario yesterday came flashing back on my mind. My cheeks burned and my brother noticed.

"Is that a blush I see on you face?" Akihiro teased, looking up from the paperworks he's working at.

"Wha-?! Hey! It's not what you think it is!" The rosy tint still covering my cheeks as I deny.

"Oh really?" Aki raises his brow and went back to his laptop.

"Of course. There's no big deal behind this." I lied.

Yeah, there is. I just can't tell anyone yet. I'm not sure about anything, so I don't wanna assume and make the wrong choice at the end.

That was what mom told me...

Or so I thought...?

I took a deep breathe then realized that someone who may know the answers to the questions that kept on bugging me since that happened...

I dialled her number and as usual, the eccentric woman picked up immediately.

"(R/n)! Long time, no talk!"

I chuckled at how much she missed me.

"Yeah... it's been a while."

"So how are you these past months?" She sang.

"I'm so fine... I guess?"

"Oh why? Is something bothering you?" Hanji asked curiously.

"Well..."

"Huh? What happened? I know you're feeling down. Tell me, tell me."

Hanji really knew me.

"Well... I can tell you but... can we meet at the nearest cafè...? I'm here at our company. Then let's talk there."

("Hey, Hanji. What am I gonna do next?")

I heard Erwin's voice in the next line yelling.

"Just let it cool down!" Hanji yelled back. "Sorry. Erwin and I were experimenting cookies."

Eh? Of all the things, why cookies? -,-

"O-oh, I see. Anyway, you must be busy... we can meet next ti-"

"No, I'm not busy! At least Erwin and I. I mean, do you mind if Erwin would come over too?"

"I don't mind..." I fidgeted. "I know the both of you were trusted friends so yeah. But... are you really sure you weren't busy?"

"Yeah! So, let's meet up around two o'clock!" Hanju answered eagerly.

"Alright, thanks..." I smiled.

"See ya, (r/n)!"

Then Hanji hung up. I stood from the couch and walked over to Akihiro.

"Aniki."