Chapter 23: Masquerade Ball • Part III

Chapter 23: Masquerade Ball • PART III ~

It happened.

I thought it was a dream...

Because it's too good to be true.

But reality is reality.

And I am facing it this time.

His lips brushed into mine again for the second time in my life after.... the memory lost.

The whole scene widened my eyes which is the reason the flashing lights that came from everywhere became really visible in my eyes.

And it turns out to be flashing lights of cameras.

Crap.

But then, I realized that I was in the middle of receiving an unexpected thing with Levi when something urged me to close my eyes and feel his passionate affection but didn't realized that I was now kissing him back.

He pulled me closer by my waist and after the kiss that seemed like an hour, we pulled back.

He looked into my eyes softly and smiled.

I can't help but smile back and at the same time, heat rose to my cheeks as he brushed it lightly.

"You're fucking adorable when you blush." He chuckled.

"Wha-?!" I was cutted off by the crowd whose shouting and giving us around of applause.

Then continuous flashing came everywhere realizing that the media had caught up to what happened.

"L-levi... what was happening?" I whispered after getting the idea that what had happened will become an intriguing topic for mass media.

What'll will everyone think?

Will I recieve bashes? Or will people hate me?

I... I don't know.

As lots of negative thoughts came rushing to my mind, Levi seemed to notice my quietness that struck me so suddenly.

"Shh, if you're already thinking about it, don't worry. I'll handle this." He held my hand as every single station of media and broadcasters rushed to our way.

I looked back only to see Petra walking away and Luciel was now having fun with some other guys, and it seemed to him that nothing serious happened.

Sigh, this is not what I expected...

I came back to my senses when Levi held me to my shoulder as tight as he could just to protect me from crowding reporters.

"Mr. Ackerman! Can we have a small interview?" A blonde reporter suddenly spoke and blocked our way.

I looked around to see if we could escape but there's only a decimal number of chance to get away from these people since were already surrounded.

"You better make this fast." Levi spoke up and looked at the reporter.

They nodded and focused the camera to us.