Chapter 24: Return

Chapter 24: Return

It's been two weeks ever since that day. We haven't talked about it. Sigh, as if we had a chance to talk.

Actually, we've been busy for quite a while now. He's probably with the doing his jobs in their agency, or whatever is his business- well, I don't know.

Hanji is the only person I got communicated to and she said that she and Erwin went to travel for a week.

I wonder where really Levi is. His house is locked, no one's there, Levi's not home for about estimated one week and a half. He's not replying to my messages nor messaging me back. I can't even contact him and I'm starting to get worried.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice near me.

"(R/n)? You've been staring at the ground for a long time." Akihiro suddenly appeared. "Is something bothering you?"

I looked up to see him leaning on my section. "Oh hey there, bro." I waved playfully. "I'm just a little worried about...

Levi? I think."

I went back on doing my business by editing on my computer again.

Before I forgot. I was currently working for our company since I have so much spare time. I decided to be placed as a part-time CAD Manager a few days ago.

I don't have that much of knowledge about architecture so I sat on a position where all I was going to do is to check the design's standards, implementing, improve the architect's design, or do some necessary changes.

He raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "So you were spacing out, thinking about him for whole fifteen minutes. Well, you sure are really in love?"

"Hey! it's not like that! I'm just worried because at least I care about him..."

"Care about him... that much. Don't forget that." He smirked.

"Agh." I groaned and leaned on my office chair. "Bro, Levi took care of me after I got released in the hospital before, and I owe Levi for that."

He shrugged. "Fine. Then how was your career doing?"

"Not that busy. I haven't visited that Survey Corps Agency, Levi, Hanji, Mike and Erwin is working to after the... you know, memory lost thingy so I don't have idea about it or whoever managed me. No one's even looking for me and besides, it's almost a year ever since I lost my memories, it seems that they've forgotten about me. If I really had a photo shoot with Levi, that friggin' Vocal Knight, they should have me for another project. Pathetic." I stated while typing, expressionless.

"You talk a lot." My brother chuckled. "Anyway, who knows. They might be looking for you since an issue had been spreading about you and Levi."

I rolled my eyes. "That's-ugh! It was an accident."

"Really? It doesn't seem like it is." He noted the sarcasm. "Now, explain why it happened."

"Go away. And for your information, I wasn't supposed to answer that because I ain't the one who initiated what happened."

"Alright, I was just expecting an answer. If there is." He patted my head. "Good thing that you still had wits on what is right on unexpected situations. Now, finish your work."

"Yeah, thanks." I patted his hand above my head while still staring at the monitor.

Akihiro left. I was finally in peace. I leaned on my chair and turned my computer seat to face the windows. I can see the city lights shimmering from here, it's around seven in the evening and I have to finish my work until ten, but I felt kinda sleepy since I haven't slept that much this days.