Chapter 59: Broken Trust

Two weeks. Two weeks had passed with my days that was totally miserable with every media bugging me for interview.

I once have accepted to give my opinion on a talk show. Not to let my feelings out and drama but to make sure people will stop bugging me now and leave me in peace. I was too tired to think of all the problems everyday I wake up and crash like a fragile glass.

On the past few weeks, Levi spammed me with lots of message. He pleaded for my apology. I didn't answered any of his texts. He even gave me 169 missed calls. But it doesn't make up his mistake. He even climb on my gates just this morning but I locked myself in my room so he'd waste his time for nothing.

I know he's still outside my door, sitting and leaning, waiting for me to come out but I was trying harder than a rock to keep myself isolated unless he leave me alone. I don't want to see his face right now. It'll only make my day worse, pictures of their treacherous deeds flashing in my head. We had no closure. So I don't know if we still had to continue our relationship... it's just too complicated.

After Mikasa and Eren talked to me, I went home with Eren while Mikasa drove his car back so Levi will not find me. Yes. Mikasa. She did. And just as when Eren took me home, Mikasa took care of Levi and probably done something he deserves.

Mikasa and Eren gave me the last assuring hug before they left me and then just this morning here it is. Levi trespassed and he's been here at almost 2 hours waiting at my door to come out.

I crossed my arms and leaned on my bed. Sigh. He's willing to do everything but it was just me who's being stubborn. Why? Because this happened for another time. It's always her. Always Petra. I don't know if it was his mistake or my paranoia that makes us stay away from each other.

I looked at my bedside table, seeing the picture we had in our 48th monthsary. We took it in a hill where he prepared a picnic with lanterns and scented candles around. It was romantic. But everything seemed to be washed away after what he had done.

A tear was about to escape my eye again when I heard his voice from behind the door.

"(Y/n)?" I saw Levi stood up using the visibility of his shadow. "I'll... I'll get going. I have work to take care of at studio."

He mentions their practice for their upcoming concert.

"I love you..." I can hear the huskiness of his voice and his shadow slowly vanishes from the lower of the door.

The tear I was holding back has escaped from my eye with my lips parted as I immediately push away my comfy covers to ran to my door.

I hold the knob and finally decided to open it for him by turning it and pulling inside the door but... I was left for nothing.

He was already gone and I was too late.

Only the cold breeze of the open windows struck my face.

But I didn't lost hope. I ran downstairs, the front door was open so I went outside my front yard barefoot.

The gate was also open and being locked by him but he didn't noticed my presence and went for his car to drive away. I ran, ran to the gates but I was again, too late.

He had left.

I'm so dumb. I should've let him in earlier.

All I can do right now was watch him leave.

I decided to go back inside and sit to do nothing.

I've been so devastated.

I hope this'll end....