Chapter 54: Doubts

Chapter 54: Doubts

Levi and I were waiting at the airport today. It's 6 PM and sitting at the waiting shed was totally boring so I decided to open (fave/book) to read.

But while I was in the middle of my business, my gaze turned into the old man with his spouse just a few seats away from me, and overheard how they are so happy that they'll be seeing their children again after a long time...

I just found it romantic on how could their love last in their age that I subconsciously smiled and also forgot the book I was currently reading.

But my attention got caught by something cold touched my cheek and it nearly surprised me.

I came back to my senses knowing it was just Levi who putted the cold soda can into my cheek, making my face damp.

"Are jealous of the old couple?" Levi pointed out. "You look so distracted, your book is getting jealous.."

I grabbed the soda he bought and opened it making the spirit and acid sound.

I snickered at his sentence. "I was just amazed at how the old couple's love lasted in ages..." I said softly, still not taking my eyes off of them. "Judging by their appearance, they look so old yet they seem not to break their vows..."

Levi opened his soda as well and sat beside me. "Well, they're probably devoted their feelings to each other," he sipped on his drink and spoke again. "What's the purpose of 'Till death do us part' if they won't fulfill their promises?"

I thought of it. Yeah. He's truly right, anway. But it's still amazing... because it's just so hard to find a person who will truly love you and have fidelity.

That is... loyalty.

"Hey... uhm... Levi?" I called him.

"Hmm?" He landed his stoic yet beautiful eyes on mine.

I sighed and put down the book I was holding. "This is... uh, some weird question but I hope you'll answer me honestly."

I could feel his icy stare even if I kept my gaze on my fidgeting hands.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Well, it just... struck my head so suddenly, but..." I finally looked straightly into his' "I want to make everything... clear?"

My sentence was supposedly had to be a simple ones but it turns out to sound like a question.

"You can tell me anything..." he sighs and held my hand. "Is there something bothering you?"

After his sudden contact, I don't know but it seems like I lost the urge to ask... meaning that I would sound like I am not trusting him.

But... he said that I can tell him anything, right? So he'll probably think otherwise.

"Levi, I know we've been together for... you see 2 years and 11 months and a few days left before we finally step into three..." I chuckled nervously and slowly stared into him. "So, I just see some other couples... they break apart because they thought that their significant other wasn't---enough or not for them or not the right person and any other reason they thought of to cool-off and cut-off their relationship... It's just hard these days to decide and see if they're the right person so... I just wonder if you are serious with our relationship and... if you are really sure to have me...?"

I can see a little confusion expressed on his face and I can't read whatever his mind is thinking now after saying tons of crap. I am surely dead.

"I-I mean-! Uhh..." Blame meh. "What if someday you regret things with me? And then... y-you'll leave me? Because I'm a crappy-partner?" I swallowed something to my throat and now I was feeling guilty from spitting those words out? Ugh. I'm always an idiot.

Levi was staring at me with an expression of someone attempting to laugh until..

"Pfft..." Levi burst into laughter. As in laughed and by just looking at him it is both audible and visible that he was literally laughing.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What's funny?"

'Wth. Was that a good joke?'

"(Y-y/n)... oh my god." he held his stomach, trying to resist his laughs. "What are you thinking of?"

I sighed. "I knew it. You won't take it seriously so nevermind." I averted away as a blush of embarrassment was seen into my cheeks.

Levi refrain from his actions and wrapped his arms into my shoulders and held me closely to him. I hear him sigh and chuckled. "Hey, I'm Sorry..."

He turned my face slowly with his soft fingers to look at his face as he smiles cutely, pleasing me to accept his apology. "Pleaaase? (Y/n)?"

I kept on being stubborn by looking away as a blush still encrypted on my cheeks. "Stop it." I said grumpily.

He pouted cutely and rested his chin on my head. "Im truly sorry... are you mad at me?"

I sighs and closed my eyes. His actions confused me if I should be angry or mesmerized by his cuteness and I can't help rolling my eyes just to resist myself from being melted by his actions.

"Levi, I'm not mad." I said in a monotonous tune.

"But you seem like it." He faces me and smiles cutely, trying hard to melt me.

I just rolled my eyes meaning that his tactics hasn't worked on me.

"Fine..." he finally gave up by bringing back his monotone voice after risking his reputation frlm making his voice appear small that sounded funny to earn my acceptance of his apology.

I thought he was going to let go of his arms but instead he wrapped his arms into my body from my back and kissed my cheek, making me melt more.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n)..." he rested his chin into my shoulder and his lips were near my ear, making it clearly to hear his words. "You know... one of the top things I have not regretted was being with you."

"You know why?" He asks using his soft voice. "Because best things never disappoint us."

I smiled at his words... but kept silent as he continues.

"Relationships, isn't about kissing and the dates," his cold breath touched my neck. "It's about being with someone that makes you happy in a way no one else can. While happiness is the one that makes us live... So tell me, how is that going to explain that I will leave the person that makes me happy?"

I can feel his jaw move, getting a hint that he was smirking at me. "And we should know that... even the strongest feelings expire when ignored and taken for granted." My heart sank on his words.

I pursed my lips trying to process what he said until.

"But it's our own choice to do that since our lives is in our own hands... so I'm not going to that into a person that meant my world."

I can't help but smile at how touching his words are... "You mean that?" I finally looked into him.

He gave me his rare sweet smiles. "Of course," he kissed my forehead. "My love."

That is when how my feelings got even more deeper than how deep it already is.

Levi just hugged me from behind until we finally have to move forward to France.

'I'm looking forward to new memories....

You know that.'