Chapter 43: Fate?

Chapter 43: Fate?

Levi Ackerman

I've been at the hospital for the last 12 hours and I was getting worriedly sick. Sitting outside the Petra's room while staring blankly at the ground was no fun at all.

I'm worried. Not for Petra.

But for the girl I loved the most.

I constantly question myself.How was (r/n)? Was she doing fine? My heart was feeling so much guilt. I felt goddamn guilty for yelling at her lately, I know she's already hurt at how I looked into her eyes last time.

It was broken and hurt that I saw in her eyes and the things that were happening was completely bullshit that I made.

If Petra wasn't that clumsy, this wouldn't have happened. But it was still an accident and I just can't blame her. She probably wouldn't want this to happen either. I know how kind she is despite what happened.

My mind can't drift off into other things because since that day, I can't contact her.

This time, I fished out my phone and tried contacting James which luckily he picked up.

"Levi! Finally you called again! How was Petra?"

"Her leg was already given cure. She was fine and having rest." I gave in a small sigh.

"Good to hear, then. We'll be heading back to headquarters later because we had an overnight at the camp after a storm surge."

"I see." I said, keeping my monotone voice. "Anyway, where is (y/n)? What was doing?"

There was a small silence that wrapped the lines.

"Oi, James. Answer me."

"Uhnm. Levi, she went back home already and she seemed really tired last night. She told me she had a migraine due to her previous memory illness but I don't buy it, I just rode the whole conversation. I think she's kind of depressed because of what happened..."

"..." I couldn't think of what to speak that I suddenly hang up the call.

She's truly hurt. I knew it. It was my fault, dipshit. I can't do anything right now because I wasn't there to comfort her. Because I was here to take care of Petra instead of explaining everything to her. And now, I feel like an asshole for letting her go back home from a shitty situation that made our relationship cursed.

We weren't still a couple but it affected the connection between us. She will probably might not trust me anymore.

Probably thought that I still have feelings for Petra and lots of thoughts filled her head. How I know her, she was such a paranoia queen. This was all my fault.

I stood up from the chairs and entered the ward. She was still asleep, recovering from the damages. I feel pity for her. Petra had no other family left but her father. Her father was way too old to even do things that normally people could do. I was amused how kind she was and very sweet for her only family left for her. No one could help her here but me.

I'm so sorry, (y/n). But I promise to make up to you after I come back.

~

Back at (Y/n)'s

Five days have passed and I've been chilling out here. No work's been killing me and I'm laid back on my place I call home.

I already don't thought of any troubles that happened previously until Hanji's name suddenly appeared on my phone screen breaking the last of my thoughts.

Trouble.

I hesitantly answered the phone knowing what she'll ask about and it'll probably spread through the media real quick again.

"(Y/n)!" She yelled through the phone. "What's up?! I've missed you, omg. You didn't tell us you already went back home already!"

"Yeah," I took a deep breath. "Sorry for not telling you, guys. I ventured alone."

"Anyway, what happened to you and Levi?! Why did you let him do it by the way?"

"What are you talking about 'let him?!' It was his choice! He's such an asshole! How could he yell at me in front of the staffs and crews at the shoot! He didn't even considered my feelings but only Petra's just because she's hurt and I was even trying to help that time that he pushed me away! I can't believe him!" I ranted everything I could say, realizing how sick I could be after hearing that douchebag's name.

It's literally obvious to me that even if I missed the times where we spent time together there is still the pain and scar throbbing in my heart from what he did.

Its legit that 'People would never forget how you made them feel'

"Uhh- what?" She confusingly asked.

"What?" I asked back.

"W-wait I don't understand, what do you mean?"

"Levi is an asshole. A douche. A clean bastard and a freaking jerk?" I sounded more like asking. "What about it?"

"No, I mean. He did those things to you?"

"Yeah??"

"Okay. I don't understand why-how?"

"So you mean, you don't know about what I've said?"

"Exactly."

"Oh."

Seriously? I just ranted to her everything Hanji doesn't even still know about and I was thinking of personalizing the issue!

This is a huge trouble if it spreads!

"Wait- can you tell me what's happening?"

"I already told you."

"No I mean, how and why?"

"Well that time, Petra accidentally tripped and Levi attempted to catch her but he failed to. She got bruises and injury and the time that they call the ambulance it hasn't come yet that I saw her bleeding and being the idiot I am, I tried to help stopping the blood but Levi thought I was just gonna make it worse because he's panicking and yelled at me and slapped my arm away and that brought the both of them to the hospital. The end."

"Jeez, how douche of him." Hanji audibly cringed. "So basically, he hurted you."

"Yes. And being the drama queen I am, I almost slayed the celebrities for the best actress award for walling and crying yesterday." I sigh.

Hanji chuckles. "That was normal... no one who loves could never be hurt with that. If it's Erwin he should apologize to me. I say as well to you."

"Maybe," I leaned on the couch, the phone still cover my ear. "But I don't think so if I could accept him anymore."

"But why?"

"Things got more complicated everytime we're together...." there is a hint of melancholy on my voice. "Hanji, I always thought if we could surpass the limits, the challenges and everything with love but it seems like we only cause trouble for each other... not love."

"(Y/n)... remember that you guys were just starting out..." Hanji pointed out. "Maybe it is. There's so much trouble, pain and scars that are needed to be, but it's probably because fate must be criticizing the two of you on how much you can handle to trust, accept and apologize after every mistake. Trust me if I say that these things will make your relationship stronger. You're worth for each other, if you believe..."

Maybe...

Maybe Hanji is right.

But how much pain fate could cause us before I give up?

If this wasn't a game.

I wish that fate could prove me.