Chapter 41: No

Chapter 41: No

The shoot has begun an hour ago. I was being retouched by Dianne when she started to ask me few things.

"Ms. (Y/n)?" Dianne calls out my attention.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response trying not to ruin her masterpiece on my face, just by looking at the mirror's reflection.

"Does you and Mr. Ackerman already a couple?" She asks hesitantly.

I smiled at her question. "Not yet," I looked at my fidgeting hands. "But we will be as soon as I gave him an answer."

"I see..." she smiles politely.

"By the way, Dianne," I stopped her from retouching my makeup and held her wrist firmly. "Please, drop the formalities. I'm not used..."

Dianne gave me a small hesitant nod and smiled sincerely as if she get my statement. "Okay... (y/n)."

"Petra and Levi! Come over here and we'll be starting the 14th scene!" The director suddenly announced.

"Yes!" I overheard their respond in unison.

"So, I'll see you later, Dianne. I'll be watching them." I rubbed her shoulder."Thank you by the way."

"Good luck!"

"Hope so!" I waved as I ran outside from the tents that we're using as dressing chambers.

I glanced at my surroundings. The other crew who was not included in this part was watching behind the cameras. Levi and Petra was starting to rehearse. They were talking, and it seems like nothing is awkward?

Okaaay?

Ne (y/n) calm yourself, jeez. This is a job not a prostitutional project to be jealous of.

I moved at the back to sit and watched them from afar. They've been doing so well, just the way the scenarios should be, they take it seriously as if they were really experiencing everything. As if it was reality.

"And cut!" Director James approached them and gave them a hug. "Levi, Petra you did very well! I wish you two would succeed more!"

Levi glanced at his surroundings until his gaze landed on mine. He gave me a worried look and as to reassure him, I gave him a weak smile.

"Okay, 16th scene!" Director went back to his seat and called the cast of the next scene. "(Y/n), Levi....!" And so on.

"Yes!" I yelled back as response ands stood up when Levi approaches me.

"Hey," he smiled and patted my head. "Goodluck."

I let the best smile I could and make him see it draw in my face. "Yeah."

Then I left him again with her. Talking all the way and laughing just as what they possibly did before.

"Take one!"

-

Timeskip

Night came, we were almost done with the taping. I was already exhausted but there are two shots left and we have to proceed and finish it.

I was inside the camp when the 23rd scene started but the voice of yelling director was replaced with loud gasps that caught my attention to go back outside.

My eyes widened at the scene... was this all acting? My heart felt triggered at what my vision just witnessed.

Levi was on top of Petra on the ground and everybody stares at them with shocked expressions.

Levi was on all fours and Petra laying on the ground, both wearing shock faces.

"Ow!" Petra winced.

Levi stood up and held a hand for Petra to stand up but she fell meaning that she had injured herself and a large bruise was visible in her elbow.

"Call the paramedics immediately!" A crew suddenly yells as everyone started to stay away from the scene while me. I was just standing there watching them.

It was an accident.

I have no idea how to react. First thing run through my head if this was all a joke? Scripted or something? Because it seems serious and director James was almost into panic.

"Petra, let me help you." Levi carried her bridal style as the ambulance immediately came.

They were bringing out the folding bed but they were too slow that they just notice that blood has spilled from her white pants from her left knee.

What-! I ran to Levi and checked her.

"Levi, she's bleeding!" I said and pulled out a clean handkerchief from my pocket and attempted to wrap it into her but she slaps my arm away that literally shock me.

"(Y/n) can't you see that she was in a serious condition?! Her fractured bone doesn't need any first aid! I have to bring her to the hospital!" Levi yells at me.

The greedy surprise that filled me made me speechless, making me just stood there in whole shock.

"Get lost," he said in a monotonic voice and ran to the medics, yelling at them. "Why the hell are you so slow?! What the fuck, can't you see that we have to bring her to the hospital ASAP?!"

"We were sorry sir," a nurse apologized in inconvenience and finally settled the bed to lay Petra. "Bring her to the nearest hospital!"

They brought her in and Levi went with them. The ambulance door closed and started to engine away from the camp.

I felt a tear escaped my eyes as raindrops started to fall from the black dull sky of the night that lacked stars...

"Bring the cameras inside the camp! All of the instruments! Immediately!" A crew commanded as everyone started to pack the things up as the rain started to fall heavier.

I was just staring at the road and watched the ambulance went away. Tears started to blur my vision, just add the disgusting rain falling on my head.

Why does he have to yell at me? It makes me feel like he was treating me like a trash. I know it was all an accident and I tried to help but it seems like he rejected me in a different way.

How could he be so selfish and greedy just because a certain person was hurt? I might have helped them but he thought in the other way.

I seemed like a burden in the middle of the scene...

I realized my tight grip on the handkerchief I almost used to help them but... yeah, fine. They refuse then okay.

I threw the handkerchief away and left it on the muddy road, turning my back on it.

This day was not just an acting scene but a disaster turned to reality.

I'm sorry Levi.

I ran away as the gloomy rain poured hardly on the ground just as how the things turned out.