Chapter 44: Strangers

Let's say, it was a nice day to start off but to deal with Levi and stuff is not a good idea. We haven't talked for almost two weeks and now that he's finally back, I don't know what kind of face I could reveal to them.

I've got the news that Petra was still resting and recovering too but at least she's already fine.

Walking to the main studio of Flugel der Freiheit / No Name was no fun especially that you can see it got nearer and nearer. I took a hitch though deep breath to relieve my anxious mind.

I can't help but think of the possible outcomes of today. What if he ignores me? What if he was cold and still filled with pride?
Then question myself as usual,'Could this day get any worse?'

No. You should prove to him that you're not weak just because of his fucking words. Even if hurts deep down. Being strong is a way to make them see you are exceptional.

I hold the knob and turned it slowly just as the blasting sound of music grazed my eardrums.

Iranai subete ha iranai
Migaki ageteru jama na PRIDE
Muimi na sekaino RUURU kurai
Muda to shika ii you ga nai

My feet stepped on their floor but it was no use to let them know I was already here due to the high volume of their instruments and Levi's voice.

They're already rehearsing.

I walked in and put my bag on the couch and watched them rehearse, still unconscious about my presence.

Kakushiteiru anata no STYLE
Mukidashi ni aru ga mama DIVE

Soko ni umareru no ha kitai
Hazure nanka ja nai itadaki no SMILE

Wha-

My cheeks gone red as I heard some part of the songs, kinda... uh, sensual. I mean, his voice was way sensual and cold while doing some moaning effect of the song?

When the heck they got the idea of having that kind of music twist?!

What the hell am I thinking?!

It's just a song, with a moaning twist! You perverted devil.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

I took a core breath and just relaxed my back on the couch and as soon as they finished the song, I gave them around of applause.

"So... this was the new ones, eh?" I spoke out.

They stared at me for a moment due that I appeared so sudden without their notice.

"Did I surprised you?" I smirk a bit, trying to act cool.

"(Y/n)!" Hanji ran and threw herself on the couch next to me and gave me an embrace. "I've missed you!"

I chuckled at how I missed her antics. Of course, even if she's too loud and ecstatic, I could never live without a week not hearing her bugging me.

Hanji was still hugging me tight when I realize that Levi's still stoic eyes stuck on my appearance.

"What?" I ask coldly that literally surprised Erwin, Mike and Hanji.

"Nothing," he shook his head and begun fixing the mic.

I averted my gaze away and turned to Hanji, whose eyes are almost going to puke out.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask.

"You just became kinda savage." Hanji laughed and sat properly. "But trust me, I like how you acted on shorty."

"Seriously?" I gave her a look. "I didn't mean to become one." I lied.

"But you acted natural. And that's new."

"Yeah, whatever," I shrugged. "Maybe I changed?"

Hanji gave me a confuse though visibly concerned expression. "It really wasn't like you, you know? Ne~ (y/n)? Is that you? It feels like you're possessed by some other Levi."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course, it's me. I'm (y/n). The one who hasn't still regained her memories but acts as if we've known each other since birth, duh. Who do you think it is?"

"Owkaay. But it still seems weird and unusual that it's not like you. You always were smiling, as loud as me but... you really do changed, huh?" Hanji leaned to my ear. "Was it the result of yesterday's pain?"

"W-what are you talking about?" I crossed my arms, acting grumpy. "It's not. I just don't feel enthusiasm today. It's normal. Not everyone should be smiling everyday to make people see they're happy."

Hanji learned away and shrugged. "True, but I still sense that something is up."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Just give me the damn lyrics and start rehearsals."

"Alright!"

They have practiced the new songs they are going to perform in come back stages. I was a part of it and it's overwhelming.

I just can't imagine my figure with them especially when they say that I used to be only a fan. It must be a dream come true.

All over the hours that had passed, Levi and I barely talk. We only whenever necessary and nothing more.

"So, (y/n). Tomorrow is the recording day." Erwin spoke up.

"Yeah, let's hope it turns out very well." I smiled sincerely.

"Of course, it will." Hanji stated. "With your voice as our new collaborating artist, how come it wouldn't?"

My smile turned ito a chuckle. "Wish I was but I'm not a good singer neither an artist."

"It's not impossible for you to become one, anyways." Hanji shrugged.

"That's true," Erwin rested his right arm on Hanji's shoulders on the couch. "You're voice isn't that bad. Actually I could already say that the fandom would like the new song with you."

I raised an eyebrow. I can't seriously imagine that people would like me that way. Yeah, We can't avoid people as bashers and I already thought of it in the first place. The only thing is I always thought my voice is worse than my problems.

"I hope so..." I giggled nervously.

Just can't accept their opinion, okay?

That time, while our break is still going on. Everyone has their own business except for me whose busy on locking my gaze on the floor waiting for the next minute to practice.

My thoughts were snapped out when I heard Hanji and Erwin laughing at some stuff they're talking about.

Sigh. I wish things were just as fine like their situation in my life, but no. Things are way much complicated than it should be.

My gaze passed Levi's presence, realizing that he wad staring at me as if he does it for a long time now. His eyes were full of stoicism and I don't know what kind of thoughts are running through them.

I gave back the same seriousness and decided to avert my orbs. I tried distracting myself with my phone but it's no use.

I kept on looking back at those eyes that I've ones thought would melt me.

Levi constantly stare back as well and I could say that both of us acts like teenagers with unconfirmed feelings. It can be described how awkward we are right now towards the visions of the both of us.

It makes me uncomfortable.

I decided to truly stay away by walking to the terrace of the studio to get some fresh air relief.

Finally. Got out of the awkward zone.

That time and so on, I swear that the athmosphere was truly awkward and everyone could tell that something was up.

I wasn't used.

Because it wasn't that easy to accept everything back on how it used to be.