Chapter 20: Part Of It

Now is the day where I'll be doing my role as Levi's date tonight. I'm not that stressed out about preparing but still nervous.

It's my first time on a party after my memory lost and I was thinking of asking either Mikasa or Eren on how I was doing on events like this before since they're my closest cousins as Akihiro said.

Well I was just actually seeking for some little advice so I wouldn't be so drowned in low self-esteem when I got there.

Anyways, the last thing that kept on bouncing on my head that it was kind of weird that Levi was interested in this kind of social events. Or probably, he was just forced since he's an elite agent in their agency.

It's afternoon and I've been here at my room staring at the ceiling.

Should I call Mikasa now? What if she's busy?

What about Eren? Maybe he's doing some business?

I shooked my head and wiped my thoughts then grabbed my phone from the other side of the bed.

I dialled Eren first knowing that Mikasa might've been busy because that cousin of mine had a lot of opportunities in life.

"Hello, Eren?"

"Oh hey, (r/n)! How have you been?" Eren greeted. I heard the speakers from the next line guessing he was playing an RP videogame.

"I was just about to ask something if you weren't you busy," I said still lying on my bed and playing a pillow with my feet. "But it seems that you are?"

I heard the game's music stopped. "No, I'm not that busy, (r/n). What was it?" Guess that he stopped playing.

"Well, it's not that important but I was invited in a Masquerade Ball of Survey Corps Agency with Levi..." I lowered my voice a bit to try not to surprise Eren but failed.

"Really?!!" He almost shouted. "(R/n), you're lucky!"

I chuckled. "I know I am... but I wanted to ask if I've been in a party like this before?"

Eren laughed. "Definitely! That's when Mikasa's debut, and it's more valuable than that masquerade, you know."

"I know right. It's Mikasa's Special Day!" I sighed. "Even if I don't remember? Pardon..." I lowered my voice.

"Right." It was audible thr he was a little disappointed. "Anyway, about your question, it's not a problem, (r/n). All I know is that you are being yourself, but you know your limitations. Just remember to enjoy the night, especially that you're with Levi."

I smiled behind the call. "Yeah... thanks, Eren."

"Don't mention it." Eren said. "Anyway, does the whole Fleugel der Freiheit coming?"

"Yes, they are." I asked smirking.

"Really?!" He sighed in defeat. "You sure are really lucky, (r/n). I wish I could get to know all of them personally."

"I'm sure someday, Eren." I chuckled. "It's not impossible, though."

"Hope you're right."

"Alright. Thanks again. Send my regards to Mikasa, By the way, how was her?"

"Oh, she's been busy with her training and working as a gym instructor."

I gasped. "Really? That's good to hear, then!"

"Yeah, she really was determined to be one."

"That's her, of course. Anyway, I have to prepare for tonight. Bye Eren!"