Chapter 21: Masquerade Ball • Part I

Chapter 21: Masquerade Ball • PART I

Even if I'm still not stepping on the venue's grounds, my nerves were fighting againist each other. We have arrived at the large venue, and now that we had already parked, I felt even more nervous.

"So now that were here, we should get going. They're probably waiting for us." Hailey said.

"Okay..." I lowered my voice down. Nervousness taking over me.

We stepped out of the car and begun to walk to the red aisle carpet, I'm a bit uncomfortable so I stayed beside my brother.

"It's fine, (r/n). Just enjoy the party." Akihiro patted my head.

But being the stubborn me, I.denied. "What are you talking about? I'm not nervous."

"Sure you are." He rolled his eyes.

We have entered the whole place, it's like a huge palace embroidered with white and gold curtains. There are lots of screen personalities and popular guests surrounding us and chatting making the atmosphere a little uncomfortable for an outsider like me.

I was so star strucked about what I was witnessing. An outcast like me was here in a grand masquerade ball and celebration of the very elite show business personalities.

It was just unbelievable...

However, my thoughts were washed away as one of my main priorities here stuck my head. Well, I should find Levi.

"Aniki, I'll go find Levi..."

"Sure, be careful."

I nodded and wore my black mask embroidered with white gems on it's side and satin ruffles.

It was kind of hard to search for the man I was looking for since it's crowded, to be more precise, I'm in searching for the vocal prince inside the venue of stars.

It seems like I'm Cinderella who has no idea about the people inside the ball.

My eyes travelled around until it landed on a certain person who expected me to become his princess for tonight.

There he is...

Standing near the table with the whole Fleugel der Freiheit staffs and members.

We were only meters away and when I was about to catch his attention, he already laid eyes on my direction and saw me.

Just like Cinderella, she caught the Prince's attention out of the other ladies flinging on him.

Then I realized that Levi was staring at me... I cannot read whatever is on his mind but all I know is that he was staring at me for couple of minutes now.

Why?

But just a second later, he walked as fast as he could to reach where I was standing, never taking his gaze away from me.

He's wearing a white formal tuxedo, with his hair slicked back and a black half mask that increases his hotness-err... attractiveness even more.

Every step he took it felt like my heart is skipping a beat. He's just attractive every now and then. But even more handsome today..

Pressure rushed on my cheeks and I tried to hide it or else he might get a clue.

I just then realized that he was now standing in front of me.

When I met his bluish-gray orbs, my voice seemed trapped. I was speechless and loss for words.

Even Levi can't speak, his lips were parted but he didn't uttered even a single alphabet.