Chapter 19: Preparation

It wasn't a simple day after Hanji came rushing to my house after I asked for some advice on what kind of dress should I wear. Two days is only left so I have to pick, and it's enough time to decide for my style.

Hanji was also searching for a dress but we went to almost all of the boutiques in our city and she can't decide what she really wanted to wear.

There's so much choices but it looks like she wanted to purchase all of them.

"Hanji, we've been searching for two hours straight." I gave her an exhausted expression.

"But, (r/n)! I can't choose which one!" She was holding three dresses.

I observed each of them by picking it and putting it in front of Hanji to see if it suits her. I was observing them critically when my eyes sparkled for Hanji's last choice.

It's was a long purple simple but elegant dress with one shoulder ruffled strap and a slit on right leg.

"Hanji! How about this one?!" I asked while grinning widely, I glanced at her only to see that she wore a big surprised face.

"Omg, (r/n)! I knew it!" She jumped a bit in surprise. "It was my first choice!"

I smiled in awe. Hanji was so happy that we had the same thought.

"Really?" I put it again at her front. "But no matter how many times I'd check this dresses, this one really stands out for you."

"Aww... thanks you, (r/n). Anyway, can I try it?"

"Sure."

Hanji went off to the fitting room and I waited for her. After a couple if minutes, she flung open the door and showed.

I gasped in awe. "Hanji! It suits you."

She clapped her hands rapidly and smiled. "Really? Thanks!" She glanced back to the mirror and adored her dress so much.

I'm sure Erwin will be stunned if he saw her...

"(R/n), you should pick yours now." Hanji said.

I pursed my lips. "B-but... I still have no idea what should..." I scratched the my nape. "...I pick..?"

I was laughing nervously when Hanji gripped my wrist with a grin on her face.

"That is not a problem. That's why were here. I'm here to help you pick out. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find the best of the best that you should wear for this grand masquerade ball!" Hanji encouraged.

I smiled. "Y-yeah... I hope so. Thanks, Hanji."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Timeskip~

After a little while, Hanji finally purchased her chosen dress as well as mine.

The first time I saw it, my eyes never took a glance away from it. It's a black long back and laced tulle dress matched with beautiful golden stilettos.

When Hanji saw me checking the dress out, she immediately ran to tell me to fit it and I didn't hesitated of course

When I went out of the fitting room, Hanji was squealing due to her exaggeration. She said that it was the perfect one for me.

I smiled sincerely at her and purchased the dress.

When we went home, I immediately tried the dress and now that I was standing in front of my boudoir, I appreciated the dress.

"It's... a little uncomfortable." I mumbled.

Yeah, I'm not used to wearing gowns like this, but even so, I can't go on a formal masquerade ball without wearing something like this.

After trying it out, I placed it on a hanger in my walk-in closet.

That time, it's already evening and I decided to stargazing outside my balcony.

I sat on my usual chair and relaxed my chin on my arm sitting peacefully until the curtain from the balcony across mine had been opened revealing Levi.

I waved a bit only to recieve his usual stone cold expression. The Real Levi Ackerman is back.

"Oi." He called as he leaned onto the terrace. "Where did you and Hanji went?"

I stopped for a bit. Should I tell him?

Maybe I should come up with a different excuse?

"Uhh... we just went to a cafè." I took my glance away for him.

"Really?" His eyebrows twitched. "Hanji told me that you and her went to shop a dress.

Shit! I told a different story.

"W-well, yeah... actually." I laughed nervously. "We went to shop then stopped by in a coffee shop?"

Levi shooked his head. "Liar."

"Huh?"

"You told Hanji to have your next time to stop by on a coffee shop because you're catching up something."

My mouth mentally dropped as well as I mentally facepalmed.

Agh.

I sighed. "Okay okay..." I crossed my arms. "But anyway, how do you know?"

He smirked. "Of course."

"Hey, what's with the smirk?" I stood up from my seat and faced him across the balcony.

He returned his usual look and said. "Nothing."

I rolled my eyes.

"Oi." He called again.

"Hmm?"

"The masquerade's on Saturday... you ready?"

"Not at all... but I'm sure I'll make it." I smiled cutely at him.

Levi gave me a small but sincere smile. He's cute.

After that we spent hours talking about what's inside our mind.

I hope that everything on Saturday will be alright.